bjspinner
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA14 180Drive/ Oasis

Re: Like a Virgin

Post by bjspinner »

Seasherpa wrote:
vikodin wrote:Congrats mate :thumbsup:
Don't know how you blokes sython the python in them skinny yaks though :lol:
The footwells have venturi scuppers and even if they didn't, Cheater's stubby legs don't go too far down them anyway :lol:
Yeah some have pythons, though others have sand worms Jarryd

Nice Cheater new rubber suit on the go also?
Mobile 0418991898
PB: Micro surgery on one of Scuba Sue's Gummy's
Jacko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by Jacko »

"Cheater - And he paddled the fastest kayak in the west".

Nice buy Cheater.
I can see a new trailer coming to tow that beast.
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

Jacko wrote:"Cheater - And he paddled the fastest kayak in the west".

Nice buy Cheater.
I can see a new trailer coming to tow that beast.
first step will be extending the draw bar on my trailer but plan to make a new trailer in the near future

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

got my anchor trolley made up and mounted on saturday - I wonted to use existing screw mounts where possable and it has worked out ok

I used 20 mm Ronstan blocks both ends are mounted on 3 mm aluminium plates - under the plate I made a thin rubber gasket and used longer 10 # stainless self tappers
a few Pee Clips along the side on existing screw look like enough to keep it tidy

Block both ends are held off the Gel Coat so wont mark it over time and I use stainless button head screws on the under side that holds the block mount so fi the brackets get smashed into the hull at any time there will be much less damage than a nut
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
Babylon
kayak: 2017 Hobie Revo 13, Hobie Compass Duo

Post by Babylon »

Very Nice Cheater Congrats mate .Babylon :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
happyas
Lord of the fish
kayak: stealth evo 465

Post by happyas »

Hi Cheater. Just one question, will the fact that your pulleys, and therefore your anchor points not being in line with the centreline of your yak, affect how it will hang in a decent current. Given that the stealth is such a streamlined beast that tracks well, will it try to track a little off centre and therefore try to "crab" away as if you were anchoring with an, albeit very limited, bridal rig?
cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

happyas wrote:Hi Cheater. Just one question, will the fact that your pulleys, and therefore your anchor points not being in line with the centreline of your yak, affect how it will hang in a decent current. Given that the stealth is such a streamlined beast that tracks well, will it try to track a little off centre and therefore try to "crab" away as if you were anchoring with an, albeit very limited, bridal rig?
almost all anchor trolleys are a bit off the centre line Larry - it doesn't seam to matter that much - by the way this is much closer to the centre on my stealth than my prowler
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
happyas
Lord of the fish
kayak: stealth evo 465

Post by happyas »

I only ask because I have rigged my EVO similarly and have noticed a bit of an effect. It does not hang truly straight in a bit of current but crabs out to one side a bit, hanging a bit skewed, not a lot but a bit.
westy
Lord of the fish
kayak: hobie compass and adventure island

Post by westy »

Any drool marks are only mine :evilgrin: , really interested to watch you on that :thumbsup:
Any rudder on those.
Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Lots of composite ones

Post by Seasherpa »

westy wrote:Any drool marks are only mine :evilgrin: , really interested to watch you on that :thumbsup:
Any rudder on those.
Yep all the new Stealths run a surf ski style rudder underneath, he just hasn't installed his yet, I assume because it will sit flatter while he is tinkering with mods.
cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

Seasherpa wrote:
westy wrote:Any drool marks are only mine :evilgrin: , really interested to watch you on that :thumbsup:
Any rudder on those.
Yep all the new Stealths run a surf ski style rudder underneath, he just hasn't installed his yet, I assume because it will sit flatter while he is tinkering with mods.

yes the rudder is on now - it is about a foot or so in from the rear under the oval shaped plate in front of the rear carry handle

must say Westy all pimping jobs take longer on this than my other yaks did cos you just wont to keep looking at it
My kayak PBs

cheater
0402 208 657