Something old.

Show off your kayak!
Deefa
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie TI & 3.6m paddle yak

Something old.

Post by Deefa »

I seem to be collecting old islands (its a tandem, a little hard to see):

Interestingly I used to work with the seller in the Tanami desert duriung the mid 00's, I had taken a wild guess that it may have been him that was confirmed at purchase time.
Late 2010, has the flip up rudder conversion. Was pretty cheap, considering the trailer. Tows OK behind the camry.
I can now demo the island awesomeness to less confident sailor/fisherfolk.

I've also been busy building a glide tech mirage drive from the remnants of my old V1 drive which pretty much broke the last V1 chain in Victoria while near the end of Cape Woolamai over Australia day weekend (which is the second or third time I'd been out on a kayak since our third boy arrived in Sept 2015); I now have to at least service another 2x V2 drives.
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Re: Something old.

Post by laneends »

In sporty red too.. :thumbsup:

You taking the missus out on it?

I rebuild a V1 to GT specs last year, was nothing left of the original except pedals and shanks..If anyone needs any old preused V1 parts let me know and they are free to a good home.
Deefa
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie TI & 3.6m paddle yak

Re: Something old.

Post by Deefa »

laneends wrote:In sporty red too.. :thumbsup:

You taking the missus out on it?
This purchase nearly ended something. I know our oldest is super keen, the missus, not so much...
laneends wrote:I rebuild a V1 to GT specs last year, was nothing left of the original except pedals and shanks..If anyone needs any old preused V1 parts let me know and they are free to a good home.
I'm keen on any remaining chain(s), bascially anything remaining I'd happily accept (I could almost make a spare drive)