New Stealth

Show off your kayak!
bagpuss
Apprentice
kayak: Stealth Profisha 475

Re: New Stealth

Post by bagpuss »

thanks guys for the feed back I cant stop thinking about this thing :yahoo: |I've wanted one for about 6-7 years after going out on a glass yak when i lived up on the gold coast
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Post by Reeling »

Out of interest, what made you go for a Profisha over the Fisha?
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
bagpuss
Apprentice

Post by bagpuss »

It was close by and at a great price but I think that any of the two for the right price would be more than enough for me
Reeling
Lord of the fish

Post by Reeling »

bagpuss wrote:It was close by and at a great price but I think that any of the two for the right price would be more than enough for me
Thanks for that. I wasn't sure whether you may have had a preference to stability over speed/performance - as per Stealth's described difference. I noted that the Profisha has a width of only 605mm vs 660mm of Fisha.

It seem like 2nd hand ones are few and far between - especially in Vic
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Lots of composite ones

Post by Seasherpa »

Reeling wrote:
bagpuss wrote:It was close by and at a great price but I think that any of the two for the right price would be more than enough for me
Thanks for that. I wasn't sure whether you may have had a preference to stability over speed/performance - as per Stealth's described difference. I noted that the Profisha has a width of only 605mm vs 660mm of Fisha.

It seem like 2nd hand ones are few and far between - especially in Vic
The second hand market is definitely bigger up north Nathan. Dennis has been around for a while longer :) If you find one interstate that you like the look of, I can help you get it brought down here. Depending on where it is you'd have to budget and extra $250ish.

In terms of splitting the difference between the two models it will ultimately come down to personal preference, I find the handling characteristics very different between the models.

With the Profishas the 475 and 575 were designed quite similarly, originally the 575 then the scaled back 475 for guys with smaller garages/cars! They were designed with speed in mind and tend to sit back down in the water until loaded with fish then they trim out for the trip back.
The 525 was added later and had a different design brief to the the other two, it was given lots more volume through the seat area to cater for bigger blokes which also has the effect of lifting the back end a little (or dropping the nose) depending on how you look at it. The 525 is also the best model for taller guys as it has the longest footwells.
The moment (side to side roll) on the Profishas is much quicker and they accelerate much faster than the Fishas.

With the Fishas, there is obviously more primary from the extra width and the moment is a little slower so guys coming from kayaks with lots of primary generally feel more at ease first up in a Fisha. They have more volume everywhere which also means more internal hatch space.
Last edited by Seasherpa on 16 Jul 2018, 11:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reeling
Lord of the fish

Post by Reeling »

Seasherpa wrote:
The second hand market is definitely bigger up north Nathan. Dennis has been around for a while longer :) If you find one interstate that you like the look of, I can help you get it brought down here. Depending on where it is you'd have to budget and extra $250ish.
:thumbsup:

laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

Reeling wrote:
Seasherpa wrote:
:thumbsup:
You know you are going to do it dont you, its only a matter of when :evilgrin:

i am sure if you find a decent s/h one you could trade out the revo for no loss.
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

Seasherpa wrote:
In terms of splitting the difference between the two models it will ultimately come down to personal preference, I find the handling characteristics very different between the models.
just to add to this - my first paddle on a stealth was on Eoins evo 495 and I didn't feel at home on it - I felt like I was sitting high on the ski

the night I road tested the profisha I first paddled the fisha 500 and it seamed that the seat had been dropped a bit but I still wasn't completely happy with it - jumping on the PF 525 was a different story
the seat was closer to the water and coming off a Prowler 4.3 it seamed a better seating position - the prowler has also quite a low seated position

really the best bet is to try a few different skis and see which suits you -
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
bagpuss
Apprentice

Post by bagpuss »

I would of loved the chance to test all the models and Eoin gave me the offer to do so I just hadn't got round to doing so when this one came up 10K's from home at a very good price the last owner had not even fished out of it when they suffered a shoulder injury and decided to sell it its as new only being used a few times ( still smells of glass in the hatch with no marks)so with that in mind and the saving on the shipping cost I decided to take a punt as they have a great reputation for quality and build the reviews speak for themselves as its my first Kayak i will know no different so hopefully I will adapt to it In hindsight is this the best way No but she'll be right :thumbsup:

I will be selling the flush mount hatch and the Garmin sounder with all the parts as I'm going to fit my unit to it
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Those of us that have owned more than one fishing/kayak, is our choice for an upgrade yak somewhat predetermined by what we now own or have owned? I myself had a struggle making a choice, it didn't matter what choice i made as there was no right or wrong choice.

When buying a new yak, it's barebones, clean canvas, you can set it up as you please. Seconhand it's somewhat or fully setup, not a lot of room to make it your own, Michael is like a new kayak, given his purchase is of good reputation and he is not yet modified (a clean canvas) his choice has to be the right one ;) he will make the yak suite his purpose and will make himself suite the yaks purpose, then when he is ready for an upgrade will make a choice on the next style would then be more suited to his needs.

Im also interested to see how long it takes Nath to buy a glass yak :lol:

Gotta love kayaking :up:
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm