Show off your DIY project!
Babylon
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: 2017 Hobie Revo 13, Hobie Compass Duo

Re: Wheels any ideas

Post by Babylon »

bjspinner wrote:
Babylon wrote:
jaybird01 wrote:If you have a look at this I saw on another forum it might be what you are looking for. Just scroll down to find the photo.
http://www.kfdu.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=47580
I like :thumbsup:
I have seen this Trolley in person Jim it's good and it comes apart, she knows how to catch fish to unlike you Jim :evilgrin:
Ouch :lol:
Jacko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by Jacko »

Babylon wrote:
jaybird01 wrote:If you have a look at this I saw on another forum it might be what you are looking for. Just scroll down to find the photo.
http://www.kfdu.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=47580
I like :thumbsup:
I like too. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Another advantage of the SOT four wheels is trolley stays level, parallel to ground. No need for a kick stand.
Also no need to tip yak sideways to insert scupper posts.
I can see you keeping fit wheeling your yak up the hill after a day on the water.
chrisw
Square eyes
kayak: Dune PA14

Post by chrisw »

Lots of nice ideas here. Just received in the mail a training harness designed for pulling stuff (typicaly used for athletic training where they pull weights behind them), I'm intending to hook this up rather than using my current system of wrapping straps around my chest to assist in pulling it up hills.

That said a neighor of mine - upon seeing me come home pulling with the straps around my chest - suggested adding a third wheel (like other suggestions here), but joked that if we put the wheel at the back "all you need to do is hook the third wheel to the rudder and the pedals to the wheels and you can drive it home!" :lol:

(I know we couldn't really do that as the weight of a kayak + person on the scupper holes wouldn't do it any good, but it would be a funny sight to imagine!)