upforayak
Apprentice
kayak: Hobie

Batteries & Fish Finders

Post by upforayak »

Hi All,

Couple of newbie DIY questions...

A)Looking to install a Lawrence 3x into my Outback,
I am at the stage of searching for a battery, I am trying to save as much money as possible (as we all do) and was wondering if there are any suggestions for recommended amperage, waterproof/non-waterproof etc...
I have a 12V battery charger already and was considering a regular 12V - 9ah battery and having to find a suitable plug to hook up the sounder/transducer. I have no idea what that plug would be but any suggestions would be much appreciated!

B) My Outback has a couple of Scotty Mounts which I wish to remove, any ideas on a neat and tidy way to seal the holes (4 bolt holes per mount) that will remain after mount is removed, I was considering to put small bolts back in the holes with silicone to seal any gaps in the holes which will only leave the bolt heads visible... ( I can't find any YouTube videos for removing mounts, only installing lol)

Thanks for any input in advance
*Gab*
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Pro Fisha 475

Re: Batteries & Fish Finders

Post by *Gab* »

Hi Up,

A) I have a dragonfly 5 pro and use this one http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Produc ... om=1021636, can't go wrong.
Waterproof is not really an issue. Just buy one of those tall sistema containers and put the battery in it.
I never had a problem with it.

B) Buy a cheap ass soldering gun at Bunnings and these polyethilene welding rods https://www.bunnings.com.au/tradeflame- ... s_p5910356
Quite easy to fix small holes like that. And even big one. I fixed my Hobie like that after the shark attack. :thumbsup:
Lots of videos on youtube about it.

Best of luck.

Gab
I love not man the less, but nature more..
upforayak
Apprentice

Post by upforayak »

Thats awesome thanks Gab,

Any tips on connecting the Sounder to the battery? Would I need a different adapter plug?
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

upforayak
Apprentice

Post by upforayak »

Thanks Bud