Hi from clifton springs

New? Say G'Day here!
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Hi from clifton springs

Post by peatop »

Hi everyone,
Bought a dragon pro fisher, the other day to see if yak fishing was for me, well after reading the posts on safety, diy and a few others started a list of things to make and buy. After waiting for a calmer day, yesterday I launched for the first time at swan bay just a trial run to get a feel for the yak, l thought i would just paddle up to the end of the pier and hang around there, l was enjoying myself so much l decided to go back to the car and get my rods, l stayed about 40-50 mtrs out from the pier and enjoyed a great afternoon catching lots of king george whiting although most were just under size it was about the fishing and yaking not the fish.
After reading about all the things you can do with a yak, now my thoughts are on upgrading to one more suited to diving as well, after I've become accustomed to kayaking an sure l have covered everything for safe operation of my kayak.
Thank for all the diy projects and leads for equipment.
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Jacko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback

Re: Hi from clifton springs

Post by Jacko »

Welcome to Vyak Peter,
There are a few of us here on Vyak also in to Diving.
I got a Hobie outback coz it has the capacity to safely carry me & my SCUBA gear & weights.
Check out the yak diving posts.
There are a few posts you may enjoy of some Vyakers going scallop diving.