Wot Pisses Me Orf!

Completely off topic!
Wilson
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie Revo 13

Re: Wot Pisses Me Orf!

Post by Wilson »

I was looking for a apprentice in bricklaying 2 months 8 different blokes all ages from 15 to 25 all useless!
They say they want to work but what they mean is they want the pay cheque!
They all want to start at the top
Wind Waker
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback, Hobie PA14 MD180,

Post by Wind Waker »

Be differant if you allowed phones, smashed avo breakfasts and asked if they wanted to be a superviser instead :lol:

Oh and base salary of $40 p/h!!
Live long, fish hard and hopefully catch something.
Wilson
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie Revo 13

Post by Wilson »

Yeah ya not wrong it makes it hard and ended up coasting me money in the end trying new blokes every week!
They will learn soon enough i hope haha
chrisw
Square eyes
kayak: Dune PA14

Post by chrisw »

Wilson wrote:I was looking for a apprentice in bricklaying 2 months 8 different blokes all ages from 15 to 25 all useless!
Sound like these blokes were pretty dumb. Even mr dumblefuck (me) knows better than to start a brick wall at the top, no wonder they didn't last. I'd definitely start laying at the bottom.
Babylon
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: 2017 Hobie Revo 13, Hobie Compass Duo

Post by Babylon »

Brute wrote:To many acronyms in this world . ABS , anti lock braking system . WTF .
If you Want To F--- WTF
Please do it somewhere else :evilgrin: :evilgrin:
Wind Waker
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback, Hobie PA14 MD180,

Post by Wind Waker »

chrisw wrote:
Wilson wrote:I was looking for a apprentice in bricklaying 2 months 8 different blokes all ages from 15 to 25 all useless!
Sound like these blokes were pretty dumb. Even mr dumblefuck (me) knows better than to start a brick wall at the top, no wonder they didn't last. I'd definitely start laying at the bottom.

Nice one :laughing1:
Live long, fish hard and hopefully catch something.
Steve_R
Square eyes
kayak: Hurricane Skimmer

Post by Steve_R »

Credit card fraud.
I just had to stop my Credit cards due to finding transactions for Spotify. We don't have a Spotify account. To communicate with Spotify, you need to have an account. Catch22 - someone else has whatever account is bleeding my credit card. No doubt they have privacy rules.

I gave up on Spotify. Westpac is following up but to do fraud investigation they needed to stop my credit cards. That means a 50km round trip to get cash when I need groceries. My wife is in Sydney ATM. I just gave her the good news.

That's the third time for us in about 10 years. The first two came in quick succession. Then a mate had problems. That stopped when I added 2+2 and stopped using a certain garage (not in this area). Would shame them but am not 100% sure that was it. I will say it was a United outlet and that the Fair Work Ombudsman exposed United was underpaying workers.
The investigation concluded that 40 per cent of the stores it raided were exploiting workers, including breaching workplace laws and significantly underpaying award wages to foreign workers on visas.
That p..s me off, as well.

So does tax time. What a day!

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience - Greg King

It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows ― Epictetus

BOT? https://checkip.kaspersky.com/
chrisw
Square eyes

Post by chrisw »

Steve_R wrote:I gave up on Spotify. Westpac is following up but to do fraud investigation they needed to stop my credit cards. That means a 50km round trip to get cash when I need groceries. My wife is in Sydney ATM. I just gave her the good news.

That's the third time for us in about 10 years. The first two came in quick succession. Then a mate had problems. That stopped when I added 2+2 and stopped using a certain garage (not in this area). Would shame them but am not 100% sure that was it. I will say it was a United outlet and that the Fair Work Ombudsman exposed United was underpaying workers.
I've been using my cards online for about 20 years and have had it happen twice, both in the span of 12 months back around 2011/2012. In both cases I knew 100% for sure what companies were responsible; they were both Australian businesses and in at least one of the cases I know 100% that my order was packed and shipped by a temp student worker.

I've since heard through my contacts in the tech world that at the time there was a racket involving an organisation that paid overseas students who had part-time gigs in retail a small bounty for each credit card stolen; I strongly suspect this is what happened in both of my cases.

Since then I've taken to using a debit mastercard for most online transactions; I only put enough into it to fund the next purchase at the time I'm going to make it. This doesn't help with businesses where I physically present my credit card but if one gets cancelled I will generally speaking have the other one to fall back on until it's replaced.
bunyip
Square eyes
kayak: Prowler 13 and Cole 23 floating bordello

Post by bunyip »

Watched the news in the morning a few days ago and they warned of the ATO scam saying you owe them money via a mobile phone call, 10 minutes later I got one telling me to call a certain number to fix it, I didn't.
How are people gullible enough to buy say $1000 of iTunes cards to settle a supposed centrelink balls up?
My other pet hate is godbotherers banging on my door at 9.00am after I have had an editing session on the computer until 3.00am, they wonder why I get a tad snakey.
Another grumble is bitchy women at work who suddenly turn on someone then crack the shits when you find they are not up to speed on the same issues.
They turned on me last week, I have two new cars, it's not fair, we can't afford one even though they smoke a pack of 50 smokes a day, I don't smoke, ergo I am about $11500 ahead of them a year already but they can't see it, I'm also about 10 rungs higher up the food chain too.
chrisw
Square eyes

Post by chrisw »

bunyip wrote:Watched the news in the morning a few days ago and they warned of the ATO scam saying you owe them money via a mobile phone call, 10 minutes later I got one telling me to call a certain number to fix it, I didn't.
This scam is huge in the US. Expect to see the script here follow similar paths as it progresses (it's up to the point in the US now where the callers say the police will be sent to arrest the target of the scam unless they agree to pay immediately).

Several of the perpetrators have been arrested recently but as it earned an estimated $300m over the past few years there's always some new criminals willing to step in to take over.

https://www.rt.com/usa/384074-irs-scam- ... ted-india/

Best thing to do with this is warn folks about it as many less tach-savvy people won't read about it online. I used to do this with the old Microsoft tech support scam and several of the folks I told have since let me know they later got such calls and just hung up.

Also you may find this satisfying - they made the mistake of trying to scam a programmer. He wrote a script that calls the scammers phone lines 28 times per second (skip to 2:17 for the good part).