Where's Digger

Completely off topic!
bunyip
Square eyes
kayak: Prowler 13 and Cole 23 floating bordello

Re: Where's Digger

Post by bunyip »

i use the flat bar on top of the bucket as a reference, it should be parallel to the bottom of the bucket, you should be able to see this from the seat and you will know what the bucket is doing.
have an investigative wander around with the bucket in different positions, even have mrs digger play while you are watching and look for other reference points although after a while you get the feel for what is happening.
repeat the entire performance for 3pl attachments.
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Post by Digger »

bunyip wrote:i use the flat bar on top of the bucket as a reference, it should be parallel to the bottom of the bucket, you should be able to see this from the seat and you will know what the bucket is doing.
have an investigative wander around with the bucket in different positions, even have mrs digger play while you are watching and look for other reference points although after a while you get the feel for what is happening.
repeat the entire performance for 3pl attachments.

There's a rod on the RHS which I understand is to show an idea of what the bucket is doing Iain. If it's about 5 1/2 to 6" protruding then that is about level apparently thanks.

I did a few more things with it yesterday inc. a lot of slashing and it went well even in the long stuff in 2nd gear. It was a lot quicker than the old "girl". Continuing that today and once the place is cleaned up I can relax and do more interesting stuff next week. 2 lots of visitors to see her yesterday and another lot this arvo...I'm sure they aren't coming to see me!!
She's a popular "girl".

No worries with the 3PL as I have used that many times on the other tractor. This time of year I'll leave the slasher on and change to the carryall in Winter for firewood. Trailer stays on the Kubota and so all bases are covered. I've got plenty of time to line out the carryall roughly like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiApNvcpeUY&t=628s

I think that Gael is scared of the thing ATM as she won't even have a drive. She has since claimed the Kubota as hers apparently.
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

bunyip
Square eyes

Post by bunyip »

Looks like hot hard work although I think you are just gloating ;)
Just finishing my last day for the week then heaps to do tomorrow before I go back to work next MOnday, might have to order in some gravel for the driveway if I can afford it, I just bought another new toy which SWMBO doesn't know about yet, a DJI Mavic Pro Fly More package Drone, just got to learn how to keep it airborne.
Might have to get your address so I can pitch a tent if she finds out.
Friend of mine is looking at a Kioti 50hp, he wants to pick up round bales, I don't know if yours will do it, if it does I will tell him and it may save him a few $$$$.
I can pick them up on the 3PL but I have no steering so I just roll them around with the bucket.
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

bunyip wrote:Looks like hot hard work although I think you are just gloating ;)
Just finishing my last day for the week then heaps to do tomorrow before I go back to work next MOnday, might have to order in some gravel for the driveway if I can afford it, I just bought another new toy which SWMBO doesn't know about yet, a DJI Mavic Pro Fly More package Drone, just got to learn how to keep it airborne.
Might have to get your address so I can pitch a tent if she finds out.
Friend of mine is looking at a Kioti 50hp, he wants to pick up round bales, I don't know if yours will do it, if it does I will tell him and it may save him a few $$$$.
I can pick them up on the 3PL but I have no steering so I just roll them around with the bucket.

The total package weighs in at over 3 tonnes Iain, so it might??

Not sure what a round bale weighs but if we know that I can work it out. You need forks on the front to do round bales I think. Elders in town have a 50 in the yard with forks fitted and it's a big machine.

Yep plenty of nice spots here to pitch a tent. Just think, we could talk tractors all day long~

What do you intend to do with the drone? The idea appeals to me too but I can't think of one thing I really want to do with it...yet~
bunyip
Square eyes

Post by bunyip »

Round bale up to about 650kg, you can use a spike if you have it on its side and go through the middle, think bullseye on a dartboard, a lot around here use the big grabber but they are big tractors that almost need an elevator to get to the cab.
Friend is on about 50 acres of undulating land with an orchard but his wife has horses, he wants to slash and generally clean up and got rid of an old 40hp because it didn't have a FEL.
Looks like I am spraying tomorrow, got a 90l Silvan which gets strapped into the bucket and has a single spray head which I clamp on the bucket, it covers 2 metres, was designed for that spray unit and cost $50 but is more convenient than a boom (which the local agents carry a lot of as the cockies forget to fold them up before going through gates).
I also want to get a couple of top link arms so I don't have to adjust them every time I put something on the 3PL, that is the most time consuming part, about $40 each so not too bad, the counterweight is the biggest PITA as I can never get it aligned to put back on and at almost 200kg you can't just kick it into position, still haven't welded up the dolly to sit it to roll it into place, another this week job.
Drone for general scenery, aerial shots of the girls showjumping, sailing and try not to send it for a swim, might even get an aerial shot of me being castrated if she finds out how much I paid for it, could go viral.
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

The lifting capacity on my arrangement is measured in 100's of kilos so it certainly would do the job of lifting and carrying a round bale. OK so you'll be the one here with a high pitched voice right? My son in law Grant has a drone that can land and take off on water! It was about $3K from memory, lunch money to him...Grin~

He was instrumental in setting up the "Classic Boat" club at Paynesville and uses the drone for lots of things to do with the club.

http://glcbc.org.au/products.php?cat=About+Us