Fishing Charters around Lembongan

Completely off topic!
cbarker54
Lord of the fish
kayak: Red Outback

Fishing Charters around Lembongan

Post by cbarker54 »

Hey guys just thought I’d ask if anyone has any experience with any fishing charters that operate out of Lembongan.

I’ll be heading to Indo in August and have heard there could be good fishing around the area
CB

I couldnt think of anything witty or funny to say and didnt really want to post my PB fish from the yak cause all I manage to get are toadies so I thought I'd take the time to fill in the blank space and say pretty much absolutely nothing and annoy every-one who has taken the time to read this.
gdog
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Pro angler 14, Blisstik RAD

Re: Fishing Charters around Lembongan

Post by gdog »

Hi Chris,

I have hired a couple of little charter day boats around Lembongan for snorkeling and fishing, there is some good fishing to be had. If you want the big stuff there are game boats, chance of a sailfish. You would have to bring your own gear on the little day boats as the locals mostly use hand lines.Id recommend snorkeling with the manta rays, big silver travelly and GT's, cant catch them though as their pets and hang around the restaurant boats waiting for scraps.

Some of the best snorkeling and diving ever around Lembongan with manta rays, turtles and colorful fish. Crystal bay is something special.

From memory the cost of hiring the little day boats is around $50- $60 for around 3-4hrs you have to negotiate of course. We just caught a few reef fish and let them go.
Cold blooded
greggo
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie outback

Post by greggo »

Nusa Lembongan isn't all that good for fishing, mostly Skipjack tuna.

Take a boat from Lembongan to Nusa Penida, about $5 and 30 mins, and get a charter there. The fishing is way more diverse and less pressured, I'd recommend taking a charter chasing GT's, there are some HUGE fish to be taken in the shallows. You'll get to see a lot more of the island and is way more exciting than any other fishing on offer.

While you're there, hire a motorbike ($5.00) and have a look around the island. It's much bigger than Lembongan and way less populated and touristy, which makes for some easy riding. The scenery and views around the island are absolutely spectacular!
cbarker54
Lord of the fish
kayak: Red Outback

Post by cbarker54 »

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

gdog, the snorkeling with the manta rays is definitely on the cards as well. I’ve heard that is pretty cool.
CB

I couldnt think of anything witty or funny to say and didnt really want to post my PB fish from the yak cause all I manage to get are toadies so I thought I'd take the time to fill in the blank space and say pretty much absolutely nothing and annoy every-one who has taken the time to read this.