It is currently 17 Dec 2018, 07:42

Temporarily vulnerable

Completely off topic!

Temporarily vulnerable

Postby spider25160 » 05 May 2018, 22:43

I woke up this morning with the mobile ringing...."Hello" I said through the clearing fog of sleep. "Yeah Hi its Ange just coming through Port Fairy be at yours in about 40 mins" He said. An hour or so later my Yak disappears down the road on someone else's trailer. And I suddenly realize that for the first time in about 40 years I don't have a boat in my life :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Fortunately it is on;y a temporary condition just gotta work out how to get the new AI from SLH in Mornington. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Your mind is like a Parachute! It only works when it is open
Yak PB's: Snook 68cm, Black Bream 38cm, KGW 50cm, :up: Couta 72cm, snapper 36cm Australian Salmon 64cm Redfin 37cm EP 39cm Blue throat wrass 46cm
spider25160
Qualified Fish Monger
 
Posts: 377
Joined: 26 Aug 2011, 22:56
Location: Portland
kayak: Hobie AI
Real Name: David

Re: Temporarily vulnerable

Postby maverick » 05 May 2018, 22:59

Double AI's on my trailer - and an excuse to drive to Portland, could be a plan except .................

Congrats on the purchase - what colour?
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
User avatar
maverick
Vyak Addict
 
Posts: 9716
Joined: 25 Jan 2010, 21:49
Location: Mornington
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign
Real Name: TopGunPete

Re: Temporarily vulnerable

Postby spider25160 » 06 May 2018, 22:31

maverick wrote:
Congrats on the purchase - what colour?

The best colour of course.....red
I am sort of caught between a rock and a hard place at the moment I have to pick up a new caravan on a Saturday in Geelong and also the AI from Mornington on the same day what is a bloke supposed to do????
Your mind is like a Parachute! It only works when it is open
Yak PB's: Snook 68cm, Black Bream 38cm, KGW 50cm, :up: Couta 72cm, snapper 36cm Australian Salmon 64cm Redfin 37cm EP 39cm Blue throat wrass 46cm
spider25160
Qualified Fish Monger
 
Posts: 377
Joined: 26 Aug 2011, 22:56
Location: Portland
kayak: Hobie AI
Real Name: David

Re: Temporarily vulnerable

Postby peatop » 07 May 2018, 13:15

If i had the room to store the van here i could help you out but nothing fits anywhere here :( but if i can help an anyway give me a call ;)
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, do we count toadies?
peatop
Lord of the fish
 
Posts: 1430
Joined: 17 Sep 2017, 19:34
Location: Clifton springs
kayak: Dragon pro, lovig maverick and dune PA14
Real Name: Peter

Re: Temporarily vulnerable

Postby spider25160 » 07 May 2018, 20:31

peatop wrote:If i had the room to store the van here i could help you out but nothing fits anywhere here :( but if i can help an anyway give me a call ;)

All good. I figure I will leave here at about 4 am catch the first boat at Queenscliff at 7 quick drive to Mornington Strap on the Yak then fly back to Geelong by about midday 1 ish plenty of time to get the rundown and paperwork done on the new van home around dark time or a little later.
Your mind is like a Parachute! It only works when it is open
Yak PB's: Snook 68cm, Black Bream 38cm, KGW 50cm, :up: Couta 72cm, snapper 36cm Australian Salmon 64cm Redfin 37cm EP 39cm Blue throat wrass 46cm
spider25160
Qualified Fish Monger
 
Posts: 377
Joined: 26 Aug 2011, 22:56
Location: Portland
kayak: Hobie AI
Real Name: David

Re: Temporarily vulnerable

Postby shane » 07 May 2018, 20:53

spider25160 wrote:Fortunately it is only a temporary condition just gotta work out how to get the new AI from SLH in Mornington.


Congratulations Dave. :clap: :clap: So you should be all set to join me on a tuna trip on the 19th or 20th? :evilgrin:
0408 565 763
User avatar
shane
Vyak Addict
 
Posts: 6625
Joined: 07 Sep 2011, 21:54
Location: Moonee Ponds
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem
Real Name: Shane

Re: Temporarily vulnerable

Postby spider25160 » 07 May 2018, 21:05

I like the way your thinking Shane :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:
Your mind is like a Parachute! It only works when it is open
Yak PB's: Snook 68cm, Black Bream 38cm, KGW 50cm, :up: Couta 72cm, snapper 36cm Australian Salmon 64cm Redfin 37cm EP 39cm Blue throat wrass 46cm
spider25160
Qualified Fish Monger
 
Posts: 377
Joined: 26 Aug 2011, 22:56
Location: Portland
kayak: Hobie AI
Real Name: David

Re: Temporarily vulnerable

Postby peatop » 08 May 2018, 01:03

spider25160 wrote:
peatop wrote:If i had the room to store the van here i could help you out but nothing fits anywhere here :( but if i can help an anyway give me a call ;)

All good. I figure I will leave here at about 4 am catch the first boat at Queenscliff at 7 quick drive to Mornington Strap on the Yak then fly back to Geelong by about midday 1 ish plenty of time to get the rundown and paperwork done on the new van home around dark time or a little later.

3 hrs to queenscliff from portland thats ticket speed lol, you have to alow time for those slow passes through all those small towns ;)
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, do we count toadies?
peatop
Lord of the fish
 
Posts: 1430
Joined: 17 Sep 2017, 19:34
Location: Clifton springs
kayak: Dragon pro, lovig maverick and dune PA14
Real Name: Peter

Re: Temporarily vulnerable

Postby spider25160 » 08 May 2018, 21:36

peatop wrote:
spider25160 wrote:
peatop wrote:If i had the room to store the van here i could help you out but nothing fits anywhere here :( but if i can help an anyway give me a call ;)

All good. I figure I will leave here at about 4 am catch the first boat at Queenscliff at 7 quick drive to Mornington Strap on the Yak then fly back to Geelong by about midday 1 ish plenty of time to get the rundown and paperwork done on the new van home around dark time or a little later.

3 hrs to queenscliff from portland thats ticket speed lol, you have to alow time for those slow passes through all those small towns ;)

mmmm just checking google maps if I drive all the way it is 5 hrs 42 mins or by ferry 5 hrs 47 mins and $65 fare.....might be driving
Your mind is like a Parachute! It only works when it is open
Yak PB's: Snook 68cm, Black Bream 38cm, KGW 50cm, :up: Couta 72cm, snapper 36cm Australian Salmon 64cm Redfin 37cm EP 39cm Blue throat wrass 46cm
spider25160
Qualified Fish Monger
 
Posts: 377
Joined: 26 Aug 2011, 22:56
Location: Portland
kayak: Hobie AI
Real Name: David

Re: Temporarily vulnerable

Postby maverick » 08 May 2018, 22:00

5 hour trip from Mornington to Portland for me. $25 in freeway fees each way
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
User avatar
maverick
Vyak Addict
 
Posts: 9716
Joined: 25 Jan 2010, 21:49
Location: Mornington
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign
Real Name: TopGunPete

Next

Return to The Ride Home

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest