Bought a house! Altona to be my new stomping grounds

Completely off topic!
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Bought a house! Altona to be my new stomping grounds

Post by Reeling »

So following a very up and down week the wife and I had an offer accepted on a house Altona yesterday.

Last Friday we almost got over then line But the owners solicitor wasn't working and they wanted to check something. Then on Sunday arvo the agent calls to tell us he's had an unconditional offer. We initially weren't prepared to increase so to our frustration we let the house go. By Tuesday we realised that we may have made a mistake and were prepared to increase our offer. I called the agent but alas had missed out as the contract was signed by the vendor.

The following morning the agent calls to tell me that the buyer just pulled out during their cooling off period and was wondering if we would re-submit our original offer.

So after having almost had it, lost it, then tried to increase offer and missed the opportunity, got it for the original price we offered. O ye, and the house came back on the market on my birthday.

All subject to home loan approval, but have had pre-approval from them for the upper price range the house was advertised. Finger crossed
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Re: Bought a house! Altona to be my new stomping grounds

Post by laneends »

Sure it wasn't just a bluff?

Anyway congrats, now you will be renovating all next summer instead of fishing, better get that van finished too before you move in :lol:
Reeling
Lord of the fish

Post by Reeling »

That had crossed our minds, but viewings were also cancelled and the house taken off the market. When I phoned the agent back to say that we changed our minds and were willing to increase our offer that would have been the prime opportunity for him to get more money.

Also when the house came "back on the market" again he knew that we were willing to pay more. Our guess is that over last weekend when he had a viewing while the vendor was waiting for solicitor to check our conditions, he sniffed out someone who was half interested and told them that he had an offer and if they were to come in with an unconditional for $xxx then its theirs. then the purchasers reflected on their decision during the cooling off period and pulled out...they may have even had a survey done in that time.

ye the plan will be to move in, save some more money for the reno/resto and get the kombi running and on the road. See how far i get with the latter during the 45day settlement period.

I've already told the wife that we wont be able to afford to buy food so will have to fish EVEN more now ;)
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

bunyip
Square eyes
kayak: Prowler 13 and Cole 23 floating bordello

Post by bunyip »

Reeling wrote:
I've already told the wife that we wont be able to afford to buy food so will have to fish EVEN more now ;)
Don't worry, in 30 years you can afford to eat again :up:
time2fish
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: 2018 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Post by time2fish »

congrats .. i already told the wife next house has has to be next to the ocean lol
Franko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Dune AI, stealth Supalite X

Post by Franko »

Congrats Nath.
0401 314 820

Instagram Page Franko Fishes
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Gratz to you and your wife, :clap: if you can't find the time to work on your V-dub send it my way ;) i used to love my kombies my last one was a split screen blue one about the same colour as yours, the only vehicle i know of that you can pull the engine out and strip it down on the side of the road, which I've done :wtf: renovating a house, wow what fun :up:
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
bunyip
Square eyes
kayak: Prowler 13 and Cole 23 floating bordello

Post by bunyip »

Reno's many houses and this is our 9th, was a bit of fun at the start and an excuse to buy tools, I now have a 6x12 shed full of stationary machines and as the last place (current) we bought was a farm the tractor lives in there too.
I hope this is the last one, the first one was in 1976.
The plus side is that the workmanship is good and no shortcuts, our new kitchen is all solid timber built from the ground up, customise what you want, the money you save on prebuilt buys good quality and good tools and change.
For appliances have a look at Grays Online Auctions, we fitted our kitchen out with Blanco apliances, last years model but all brand new with warranty for about 1/4 of the price of new, we got change out of $5k for oven, cooktop, rangehood, sink (double) and dishwasher, all Stainless.
Reeling
Lord of the fish

Post by Reeling »

Thanks all.

We'll be just living in it and enjoying it for a while. Then once we get a feel for what works and doesn't, as well as what we'd like to change/add we'll start the work.

Thanks for the tip Iain

Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Lots of composite ones

Post by Seasherpa »

Congrats mate, good luck with the reno - they can be both frustrating and satisfying in equal measure!