T.G.I.A C.B!

Completely off topic!
bunyip
Square eyes
kayak: Prowler 13 and Cole 23 floating bordello

Re: T.G.I.A C.B!

Post by bunyip »

We have two housing estates going on in town, the ads claim 45 minutes to the CBD, yes you can providing it is about 2.00am on a weekend, I can spend 2 hours getting to Warragul Rd from home, I have to do it a couple of time a year and it is a PITA, and I have to drive as I have so much stuff with me that I need.
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

bunyip wrote:That was the Koo Wee Rup bypass over the swamp, this happens regularly, the other one is McDonalds at Caldermeade (Lang Lang), I turn off at that point to go home and just about every second trip someone will pull out in front of me assuming that I have a craving for McVomit.
I have given up on downloading every incident that occurs as they are so frequent but we are buying a camera for SWMBO.
FYI the video is very high quality but is a bit degraded when moved to the website, I can read the number plates very clearly and even the dealership aaround the cover.
Camera is Thinkware F750, front and rear with 32gb card, cost $800 fitted, programmable through Android or Crapple same for downloading, after cooking a few over summer months I have found this to be very resilient to hot days and it has not missed a beat.
Government weather fed, state or local work on numbers so if these incidents go unreported (as they often do) then they are not counted, i understand that these people are impatient not to mention the the more obvious, but if it keeps happening in the same area/sections or road then there is a bad design fault that needs rectification, this is were the numbers come into it ;) maybe you could keep a written log of when, where and time, then sent it to the local government with one vid with a letter of complaint, keep a copy, if nothing gets done and a serious accident happens, you then if you want can take it further, I've done this in the past and managed to get a dirt road sealed for 4km and signage put up in the areas where neaded.
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
peatop
PHD in Yakology.

Post by peatop »

bunyip wrote:We have two housing estates going on in town, the ads claim 45 minutes to the CBD, yes you can providing it is about 2.00am on a weekend, I can spend 2 hours getting to Warragul Rd from home, I have to do it a couple of time a year and it is a PITA, and I have to drive as I have so much stuff with me that I need.
Yah over the xmas break they had adds on tv for the cows carnival, stating only 1hr from melb :lol: what they didn't mention is you needed a chopper to do it ;)
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
bunyip
Square eyes

Post by bunyip »

peatop wrote:
bunyip wrote:We have two housing estates going on in town, the ads claim 45 minutes to the CBD, yes you can providing it is about 2.00am on a weekend, I can spend 2 hours getting to Warragul Rd from home, I have to do it a couple of time a year and it is a PITA, and I have to drive as I have so much stuff with me that I need.
Yah over the xmas break they had adds on tv for the cows carnival, stating only 1hr from melb :lol: what they didn't mention is you needed a chopper to do it ;)
Define Melbourne, CBD or the furthermost suburb closest to the Cowes?
That would be Dandenong or a bit further out but still classed as Greater Melbourne.
Very tricky these people who advertise 'facts'.
peatop
PHD in Yakology.

Post by peatop »

bunyip wrote:
peatop wrote:
Define Melbourne, CBD or the furthermost suburb closest to the Cowes?
That would be Dandenong or a bit further out but still classed as Greater Melbourne.
Very tricky these people who advertise 'facts'.
easy the CBD of Melbourne is clearly outlined, as for melbourne itself again it is clearly outlined, all the suburbs may be classed under the umbrella of greater melbourne but it doesn't make them part of Melbourne, an address is what it is: 55 swanston street melbourne 3000, you cant say 100 station street box hill melbourne 3000
bunyip
Square eyes

Post by bunyip »

peatop wrote:easy the CBD of Melbourne is clearly outlined, as for melbourne itself again it is clearly outlined, all the suburbs may be classed under the umbrella of greater melbourne but it doesn't make them part of Melbourne
I'll put money on it that it does when it comes to advertising.
And, I have a friend who lives in Pennant Hills in NSW, when I visit him I tell people that I am going to Sydney for much the same reason because if I say Pennant Hills probably 50%+ wouldn't have a clue where it was.
I'm being a sanctimonious pedant but we are talking slippery advertising agents who are in the same league as real estate agents and other assorted snake oil vendors.
peatop
PHD in Yakology.

Post by peatop »

bunyip wrote:
peatop wrote:easy the CBD of Melbourne is clearly outlined, as for melbourne itself again it is clearly outlined, all the suburbs may be classed under the umbrella of greater melbourne but it doesn't make them part of Melbourne
I'll put money on it that it does when it comes to advertising.
And, I have a friend who lives in Pennant Hills in NSW, when I visit him I tell people that I am going to Sydney for much the same reason because if I say Pennant Hills probably 50%+ wouldn't have a clue where it was.
I'm being a sanctimonious pedant but we are talking slippery advertising agents who are in the same league as real estate agents and other assorted snake oil vendors.
:lol: @snake oil venders. For sure when im asked, i live in geelong to aussies, globally, i live in Melbourne and have 5 pet kangaroos ;)
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Post by Digger »

Only 5 and no Emu’s or Crocs in your dam??
peatop
PHD in Yakology.

Post by peatop »

Only live on a 1/2 size house block nowdays and the cat takes up 1/2 the back yard so that only leave rooom fir 5 :cry:
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Post by Digger »

peatop wrote:Only live on a 1/2 size house block nowdays and the cat takes up 1/2 the back yard so that only leave rooom fir 5 :cry:
Grin~