Completely off topic!
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

T.G.I.A C.B!

Post by Digger »

This:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRgL92K5zuE

After dealing with the traffic and stupid number of people in and around the suburbs, especially the Peninsula after the last couple of days, I’m staying put and not venturing west again if I can help it!
4liters
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Native Watercraft Slayer 13, Stealth Fisha 500

Re: T.G.I.A C.B!

Post by 4liters »

Agreed. I’ve just moved to Geelong from the SE suburbs and it’s been such a nice change. I didn’t realise how much stress the traffic and congestion was causing me until I got away from it. Now they’re talking about building some bullet train between Melbourne and Geelong so I guess it’ll just become another outer suburb in a decade or so.
spider25160
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie itrek 11

Post by spider25160 »

Absolutely....Trip to Mornington on Saturday took the Queenscliff to Sorrento ferry both ways....Didn't save any time and cost a bit more but one hell of a saving of stress and road rage.
Your mind is like a Parachute! It only works when it is open
Yak PB's: Snook 68cm, Black Bream 38cm, KGW 50cm, :up: Couta 72cm, snapper 45cm Australian Salmon 64cm Redfin 37cm EP 39cm Blue throat wrasse 46cm Dusky Flathead 56cm :yahoo:
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

I freely admit that I’m getting too old to want to put up with stuff like that now.

Lately if when I pull out on the main road, there are cars coming. I’m into see the authorities to see about getting traffic lights....Grin~

Much respect to those that endure that each day.
Jacko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by Jacko »

Can't wait till retirement so I won't have to battle the traffic to get to work on the freeways that are not free.
So many people in this growing city pay tolls to travel on a road driving at the pace of a car park.
bunyip
Square eyes
kayak: Prowler 13 and Cole 23 floating bordello

Post by bunyip »

This is the crap I have to put up with at least twice a week, double white lines mean nothing when you are on your way home from Phillip Island
https://vimeo.com/261234709
There are others.
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

When i was younger hmm a lot younger we used to travel from box hill to the island, it was single lane all the way from memory i think :? From cranburn to cows there were very few areas to overtake, sunday afternoon the road became a parking lot from sth gippy hwy link to cranburn, any other time if you got stuck behind someone traveling slow (sunday driver they were called)it was usually a very long slow trip, princes hwy between portland and warnambool, camperdown and colac, winchelsea and geelong were also very bad parking lots until recent years east gippy side i dont recall any bad areas, dandy to packenham was bad orbost to the border but only if there was a sunday driver, i guess all major roads were like that back before they started duplication.
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
bunyip
Square eyes
kayak: Prowler 13 and Cole 23 floating bordello

Post by bunyip »

That was the Koo Wee Rup bypass over the swamp, this happens regularly, the other one is McDonalds at Caldermeade (Lang Lang), I turn off at that point to go home and just about every second trip someone will pull out in front of me assuming that I have a craving for McVomit.
I have given up on downloading every incident that occurs as they are so frequent but we are buying a camera for SWMBO.
FYI the video is very high quality but is a bit degraded when moved to the website, I can read the number plates very clearly and even the dealership aaround the cover.
Camera is Thinkware F750, front and rear with 32gb card, cost $800 fitted, programmable through Android or Crapple same for downloading, after cooking a few over summer months I have found this to be very resilient to hot days and it has not missed a beat.
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

Yeah and we keep cramming more and more people in that require more and more houses. One day it will be one big housing estate to Warragul I think.

What a lovey thought!
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Digger wrote:Yeah and we keep cramming more and more people in that require more and more houses. One day it will be one big housing estate to Warragul I think.

What a lovey thought!
For sure Rob, geelong is not far from being a suburb of Melbourne, the growth is so fast the roads can't cope, but instead of upgrading them they are reducing the speed on them :oops: one of the reasons I've stayed here to date was the good traffic, but im not far from being over it. My daughter just purchased her first home, she bought the last block in the subdivision, it won't be ready to build on for atleast a year :shock: thats how fast the growth is around geelong and the bellarine ;)
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm