Bought Something new wanna share it? Post it here

Completely off topic!
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Re: Bought Something new wanna share it? Post it here

Post by peatop »

shane wrote:Wifi and bluetooth don't travel through water. You need a hard wired antenna from the camera to above water for it to work.

I won a camera similar to the waterwolf at last years NSC but havn't used it yet. They need clearish water and don't have long battery life so need to be turned on when near potential action. But to turn mine on you need to open it up while keeping it dry. I've had it with me in a dry bag wrapped in a towel. I'll try to remeber to use it once I get in the right area during one of my NSC pre-fishes.
Bit funny that! How the battery doesn't last long, however looses it waterproofing trying to charge it, i carry a 10ah power source with me for my headlamp, radio, light, phone blah blah blah however you need to remove them from protection to charge them :yahoo:
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Post by Reeling »

erik the viking wrote:
Hey Nath;
Have a look at this footage and then maybe plan for more extended usage of this tool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2Nd3iHNjR0
The good old Murray cod is called the fish of a thousand casts, and this proves that for sure!
Also, Rokkit Rod @ 6:45 eg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceS8Og8acu8 has been using this one for quite a while now.
So guys, just because you ain't catch'n, doesn't mean they ain't there!
The old Water Wolf i an interesting perspective on fishing.
Won't be long before they get a bluetooth signal from the camera to a phone/device so you can get a live feed?????? Well, we can only hope.
A 21st century version of the sounder/fishfinder no doubt?
Thanks erik, I hadnt seen any Cod vids but had watched several other showing variety of fishing techniques and species in a variety of water conditions. As I said, I'm almost as excited to see whats going on under the surface in terms of structure, fish behavior and how the different lures and jigs vary as I am to hopefully get some footage of catching something haha. One thing that comes to mind is talking to Ian (4litres) off torquay and seeing his live bait going a bit crazy - those kind of instances

I thought I remember you having one, Shane. But a little search on here didn't confirm. The Waterwolf claims a 4hr battery life which will pretty much fill a 16GB card. Although not long enough to start recording and last a whole trip, hopefully it will be long enough to catch some action.
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

I have been reading up on some of these cameras, some work with mobile apps does this allow you to view the image in real time on your phone? And what model (samsung s4, s5 ...)?

If you are out on the water at what point do you turn your camera on? On my trip to portland we launched at around 6am, my first hookup was around 10am and last around 1pm? I guess once i got the first live bait in the water i would then turn it on and hope for a hookup before the battery went flat lol.

But as Nath said there is also the underwater action of bait and surroundings that would be good to vid, get rid of the fishfinder and adapt the camera for finding fish and structure :evilgrin: lol
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Galey
Lord of the fish
kayak: Ok Frenzy

Post by Galey »

Did my bit for the economy.
BB8325CB-7F69-4010-A184-4B281FABC642.jpeg
Reeling
Lord of the fish

Post by Reeling »

never used a baitcaster myself, but it does look nice :)

Out of interest, does the handle swap like a spinning reel or do they do Right and Left handed reels?
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Galey
Lord of the fish

Post by Galey »

Reeling wrote:never used a baitcaster myself, but it does look nice :)

Out of interest, does the handle swap like a spinning reel or do they do Right and Left handed reels?
Unfortunately they don't just swap over, jesus how I wish, you can buy them left and right handed and if I was starting out all over again I'd be making mine left handers.
Reeling
Lord of the fish

Post by Reeling »

I thought was the case. Thanks and I hope you manage to land something on the new setup. Unfortunately, my purchase above managed to hook an epic fish, but never got to see it :shifty:

erik the viking
Square eyes
kayak: 2015 Outback

Post by erik the viking »

Galey wrote:Did my bit for the economy.
Mmmm, very nice indeed.
They have a cool look to them when they are new, but a bit of gunk on the line and black body has a better attraction to me. :up:
Is the casting as good as they say? And is the hagane gearing all hype or pure bliss?
It's not mounted on a 6kg Venom is it?
Galey
Lord of the fish

Post by Galey »

I originally bought it to match up with a rod I’m having built. It actually came bundled with a rod as well so I’ve chucked it on there to see how it feels. It’ll probably stay there now and I’ll pick something else for my custom job. Haven’t even cast it in the yard yet, tomorrow morning I’ll be on the Goulburn so fingers crossed I’ll christen it then.
erik the viking
Square eyes
kayak: 2015 Outback

Post by erik the viking »

Galey wrote:I originally bought it to match up with a rod I’m having built. ,
....... tomorrow morning I’ll be on the Goulburn so fingers crossed I’ll christen it then.
A custom built rod sounds interesting. Will it be for 'smaller' waters or for more general waters?
A Zodius 6kg or a G Loomis not to your liking? Or will this double as a barra slayer on the big trip? :up:
I saw that Robbie Alexander got one with rod before Christmas, same deal?
When I saw his pic with Holly holding it, I thought what a great bloke to get that for her for Christmas. Silly me :D
Good luck in the morning. Above or below the weir?
I'm still grounded and it's too frig'n hot to stay over atm. :down: Sooooon please.........?
Oh, I forgot that school is back, so now it gets really hot!