show us your home brew..

Caught anything lately? Post up how you cooked it here and if it was a success. Doesn't only have to be fish....
yakgear
Lord of the fish
kayak: y

Re: show us your home brew..

Post by yakgear »

What's the @30, @20, @10 mean..
Tipsta
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Pro Angler ( itildo )

Post by Tipsta »

Rhino wrote:Image
How good is that pic with that class calling "drink me, drink me"
Nice set up Rhino, I'll come pick up that rod holder now :P

Cheers Tip
Brendandrage
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie PA 14 and Tandem Island

Post by Brendandrage »

yakgear wrote:What's the @30, @20, @10 mean..
time reamining in the boil,

i boil my wort for 60 mins and add my hops throughout the boil so some with 30 mins to go, 20 mins to go, 10 mins to go etc etc
Brendan 0408412056
Snapper, whiting, flathead, squid, gummy shark, barracoota, salmon, murray cod, yellow belly, bass, pike, leather jacket, bream, school shark
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

Tipsta wrote:
Rhino wrote:Image
How good is that pic with that class calling "drink me, drink me"
Nice set up Rhino, I'll come pick up that rod holder now :P

Cheers Tip
now tipstas got more pimping to do on the PA - he thinking to himself now where to fit it
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
yakgear
Lord of the fish

Post by yakgear »

I get ya Brendan ... Not in that set up yet... I warm the canned goo, pour it in with sugar mix and 2lts boiling water, mix that, my grain in tea bag in pot for 30 min (3 lts ) top up wort to 20lts with cold water, yeast has been warming for 15 min in bowl learnt water cover with glad wrap. Add my 3 lts of grain infused water, add yeast, give its quick stir and seal. then its barrel over head for a good shake, all finished up at 19 deg , just put a t shirt on him ;) at 15 deg. Will try keep it there..

Simple at worst ill need a few shots of scotch before I start drinking her... :up:
Haynsie
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Revolution 13

Post by Haynsie »

Love the homebrew. A few years ago when I was brewing a lot, I would "cellar" a couple of longnecks from every batch in an attempt to stop my mates drinking them all. Kept some of them for 6 to 12 months before drinking and it was amazing the improvement it made to even the most average brew. I kept a diary for each batch and labelled the bottles so I could go back and make the good ones again. Sadly the gear is all gathering dust these days..

Cheers

Tim
yakgear
Lord of the fish

Post by yakgear »

Get the gear out wash it down and get a few 100 litres ready for summer :thumbsup:
Allan
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by Allan »

I had a few goes when I was 18 but I found the plastic brewing barrel tainted the taste. (At least I thought so anyway... it wasn't real flash in the first place but it worked!).

Have any of you guys ever tried brewing in glass? Does it make a difference?
yakgear
Lord of the fish

Post by yakgear »

Had some touch and go today with the brew.. It was not fermenting and I had temp at 14 deg which should be perfect for pils, but I was worried so upped the temp this afternoon using a heat belt, and just now she started to burp, sitting on 16 now :up:

Took a reading before heat belt and she should end up at 5.5% tastes good too :yahoo:
Yacker
Yak Master
kayak: Yellow PA and red Q kayak

Post by Yacker »

I have approx 7 dozen coopers long necks free to a good home, been gathering dust for about 18 months, were clean when packed away, so will only need a bit of a rinse.
Also have capper and bottle tree, would consider a trade for a rod/reel or $ ;)
Many and strange are the universes that drift like bubbles in the foam upon the River of Time