My opinion on Trout and Salmon as Food

Caught anything lately? Post up how you cooked it here and if it was a success. Doesn't only have to be fish....
kads

Re: My opinion on Trout and Salmon as Food

Post by kads »

yer Im sus on the prawns too...what really angers me is we import so much S#!^ food into australia because its cheap...and then we export all our quality produce because we can get big $$ for it......look at those blokes a few weeks ago that caught that monster tuna off queensland..I think it was around the 100 kg mark, the reporter asked "what are you gonna do with it"....they replied, "by this time tomorrow it will be in japan, and we'll have $30,000"......its sad that the world revolves so much around the dollar.
Yakatack
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Ebay cheepy and a Spirit

Post by Yakatack »

I wonder how may Australian prawns are thrown out from supermarkets and what not because people dont want to pay $30kg
kads

Post by kads »

Yakatack wrote:I wonder how may Australian prawns are thrown out from supermarkets and what not because people dont want to pay $30kg
yer...i wonder...but i would be happy to any price, as long as it was fresh Australian produce, keep the $$ is Oz, and help our farmers....the goverment wont.!!!!
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

Yakatack wrote:I wonder how may Australian prawns are thrown out from supermarkets and what not because people dont want to pay $30kg
dont know I only pay about $14 - $17 per Kg for Aust banana prawn
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
zulujack
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie Revo 13

Post by zulujack »

Tried pinkie snapper last might for the first time. Man was that disappointing? Just when you think you've discovered a free source of protein...... You just can't catch catch a break in this world!
GoneFishn
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: OceanKayak Prowler Elite 4.5 "Calypso"

Post by GoneFishn »

zulujack wrote:Tried pinkie snapper last might for the first time. Man was that disappointing? Just when you think you've discovered a free source of protein...... You just can't catch catch a break in this world!
Sounds like you should just practice catch and release.
zulujack
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie Revo 13

Post by zulujack »

GoneFishn wrote:
zulujack wrote:Tried pinkie snapper last might for the first time. Man was that disappointing? Just when you think you've discovered a free source of protein...... You just can't catch catch a break in this world!
Sounds like you should just practice catch and release.
Well I'm not eating that shut again!
Rhino
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Streaker Tournament/Zodiac

Post by Rhino »

Maybe you can't cook........ :P
Haynsie
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Revolution 13

Post by Haynsie »

Rhino wrote:Maybe you can't cook........ :P
:lol:

Trout and Snapper can both handle a bit of extra flavour I reckon. I saw a girl on telly do a rainbow Trout wrapped in Procuitto, baking paper and foil, on the barbie and served with a lemon/parsley/caper/butter sauce. I'll be be trying that on the weekend if all goes to plan.

Cheers

Tim
GoneFishn
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: OceanKayak Prowler Elite 4.5 "Calypso"

Post by GoneFishn »

Rhino wrote:Maybe you can't cook........ :P
:clap: