The evolution of VYAK

Our policy and site announcements(Upgrades/migrations, etc)
Babylon
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: 2017 Hobie Revo 13, Hobie Compass Duo

Re: The evolution of VYAK

Post by Babylon »

Widsa wrote:
Ghurkin wrote:Is someone taking over the world??? I'll bring a keg :up:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

We may need 2 kegs mate.
Bloody place is full of drunks :lol: Scotch and coke for me :evilgrin: :evilgrin:
6fiddy
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Seak Lunar 12 & Wavedance Kingfisher

Post by 6fiddy »

Wow.. Just read through all 11 pages. 2 beers down and mighty confused. He said, she said, at the end of the day this site can go on the way it is with get togethers(not VYak comps), or split in 2 and have a message board website and a seperate club with lobbying power to state stake holders, insurance for events and sponsored prizes.
Personally clubs just for insurance aint my thing, I take risks knowing if I stuff up, I caused my own demise. However in this litigation driven society someones always out to get a buck. I see that both can co-exist and and if guys like Tipsta are in the club based part, then there will certainly be a great shift into the future of yak based angling in Vic, rather than sit by and wait till someone greedily snaps up the opportunity for themselves.
Just my 2cents worth, time for another beer now.
Cheers Steve :thumbsup:
Have Yak.. will smile

PB's KGW 46m Snapper 77cm Trevally 38cm Gummy 98.5cm
Ghurkin
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie outback

Post by Ghurkin »

6fiddy wrote:Wow.. Just read through all 11 pages. 2 beers down and mighty confused. He said, she said, at the end of the day this site can go on the way it is with get togethers(not VYak comps), or split in 2 and have a message board website and a seperate club with lobbying power to state stake holders, insurance for events and sponsored prizes.
Personally clubs just for insurance aint my thing, I take risks knowing if I stuff up, I caused my own demise. However in this litigation driven society someones always out to get a buck. I see that both can co-exist and and if guys like Tipsta are in the club based part, then there will certainly be a great shift into the future of yak based angling in Vic, rather than sit by and wait till someone greedily snaps up the opportunity for themselves.
Just my 2cents worth, time for another beer now.
Cheers Steve :thumbsup:

If I may be so bold as to suggest? read this http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11113 and drink somne more beer, it will help to make your life much more peacefull, cough pisshead, cough cough :shifty: :?
Last edited by Ghurkin on 21 Sep 2012, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
People laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Widsa
Site Admin
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher

Post by Widsa »

[quote="6fiddy"]Wow.. Just read through all 11 pages. 2 beers down and mighty confused. quote]

Only 2 beers, I reckon that was at least a 6 beer thread.
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway
HaTTerS
kayak: None (temporarily)

Post by HaTTerS »

Widsa wrote:
6fiddy wrote:Wow.. Just read through all 11 pages. 2 beers down and mighty confused. quote]

Only 2 beers, I reckon that was at least a 6 beer thread.
... while praying that you don't make it to the end
Poised on the edge of sanity.
6fiddy
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Seak Lunar 12 & Wavedance Kingfisher

Post by 6fiddy »

Onya Ghurkin, will be reading with much merriment!!
Have Yak.. will smile

PB's KGW 46m Snapper 77cm Trevally 38cm Gummy 98.5cm
Ghurkin
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie outback

Post by Ghurkin »

6fiddy wrote:Onya Ghurkin, will be reading with much merriment!!

FIGJAM 8-)
People laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at them because they're all the same.
snapperboy
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie outback red

Post by snapperboy »

I Ike the idea and depending on cost??? Would definitely join but to my understanding you must sign a waver before entering does this not stand up enough. Also if you guys don't like the idea then simply don't join the club section just my 2 cents worth
snapperboy
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie outback red

Post by snapperboy »

Also can you guys all stop biteing the admin teams heads of they are the ones who created this wonderful place and they are just trying to improve it if you don't like the club then don't join but I think that the admin team deserve three cheers
Hip hip horay :up:

Ps. Is tip still on the forum
Babylon
kayak: 2017 Hobie Revo 13, Hobie Compass Duo

Post by Babylon »

snapperboy wrote:Also can you guys all stop biteing the admin teams heads of they are the ones who created this wonderful place and they are just trying to improve it if you don't like the club then don't join but I think that the admin team deserve three cheers

Ps. Is tip still on the forum
Snapperboy,mate we dont feel like we are having our heads biting of there is a lot of constructive discussions going on some
might sound heated but at the end of the day we move on that's what this Forum is about and yes Tipsta is still around.Cheers Jim :thumbsup: