mum just rang

Caught anything lately? Post up how you cooked it here and if it was a success. Doesn't only have to be fish....
sog
Square eyes
kayak: hobie revolution

mum just rang

Post by sog »

a couple of weeks ago I took a trip up to lake wartook in the grampians and caught a couple of nice brown trout
upon my return home I gave the fish to my mum, as last time I came home with trout my family didn't like the taste ..., they said they tasted muddy
anyway, mum just rang me and told me the trout was delicious .... a satisfied son the result
I put this success down to the fact that as soon as I caught these fish they were dispatched with a brain spike and bled
following this, still within minutes of being caught, I cleaned the fish, making sure to clean the vein that runs along the back bone
I then peddled to shore and put them on ice
I am sure that looking after your catch properly at the time of capture improves the taste on the plate
you learn these lessons as you go ... and you never stop learning
torquayak
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie Outback & Dagger drifter 2 canoe.

Re: mum just rang

Post by torquayak »

Nice one. How did you catch the fish? I am heading there this weekend for a few days. :thumbsup:
Adrian.
sog
Square eyes
kayak: hobie revolution

Post by sog »

was catching both reddies and trout trolling lures close to the bottom in the area between the boat ramp and the island, and the area in front of the wall
it was a warm weekend so I was concentrating on deeper water with the lure running around the 3.5 mtr depth
have a good trip .... hope you catch
torquayak
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie Outback & Dagger drifter 2 canoe.

Post by torquayak »

Thanks heaps for the info Andy.. We had a great weekend. We only got 4 trout but they were all beautiful browns over a kilo. Two fish were caught trolling with a rapala rainbow trout pattern and two were caught on a brown trout pattern casting off the wall.
Adrian. :thumbsup: