Brining Fish ...... How long is too long ?

Caught anything lately? Post up how you cooked it here and if it was a success. Doesn't only have to be fish....
CrazyChenski
Lord of the fish
kayak: Clarkeski Dusta

Brining Fish ...... How long is too long ?

Post by CrazyChenski »

The last time I fished was 2 week or so (I think !) and managed to landed some decent salmon, so I make some brine and brine them and left them in the fridge. I have one peice pretty much 1 day after that and it's nice and moist. But life gets into the way and the remaining pieces are in the fridge still.

Question is: fish kept in Brine can still be OK for afew days after brining. But how long is too long ? :?:

PS - for my situation, I think I know my answer..... close to 2 weeks are way too long ! :oops:
Fishing is just like Accounting .... it is all about Optical Illusion ...............
sawtell
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie Sport

Re: Brining Fish ...... How long is too long ?

Post by sawtell »

I actually have no idea about brinning, but with food. I stand by if it's iffy throw it out. Not worth spending a day throwing up over a few pieces of fish!

You'll just have to get out and catch some more, what a shame! :thumbsup:
berazafi
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Unknown

Post by berazafi »

IF you decided to throw it out it makes great bait, so keep it for the next bait fishing trip for snapper, sharks or flathead
CrazyChenski
Lord of the fish
kayak: Clarkeski Dusta

Post by CrazyChenski »

berazafi wrote:IF you decided to throw it out it makes great bait, so keep it for the next bait fishing trip for snapper, sharks or flathead
Not sure a brined salmon fillet actially can attract fish..... Especially it has chillie and pepper....
Fishing is just like Accounting .... it is all about Optical Illusion ...............