Chev's crumbed & stuffed chilli snapper

Caught anything lately? Post up how you cooked it here and if it was a success. Doesn't only have to be fish....
Chevvy
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie PA14, Riot escape 12, Wavedance Calypso

Chev's crumbed & stuffed chilli snapper

Post by Chevvy »

Ok wrong spit for this cause I'm hardly a chef and don't measure anything but it all adjusts according to taste.

1x big bag of salt & vinegar chips
Chilli flakes
Garlic paste
Mixed herbs
Cracked pepper
Tomato sauce
3x eggs
Paprika
Parsley
Sesame seeds
Blair's ultra death chilli sauce
1x snapper around the 50-60cm mark

Crush up all the chips to create a crumb, add chilli flakes, mixed herbs, plenty of sesame seeds, some pepper, some parsley and a heap of paprika to give the crumb a reddish tinge. Add as many other dry ingredients as required for taste and sit mix off to the side
Clean whole snapper leaving head on to trap in flavour. Cut a 3 or 4 slits in the skin on either side of the fish. Put 3 eggs in a cup and stir until blended, I add a little Worcestershire sauce for flavour, using a brush cote the fish in the egg mix, there will be heaps left so put it of to the side. Crumb the whole fish, and rub abit into the slits, there will be a heap left, again put it off to the side.
Now pour the remaining egg mix into the crumbs. Add some tomato sauce, Worcestershire, garlic paste and any other wet ingredients that will infuse the fish. Add some death sauce to this mix Very sparingly,mix well, thicken to a paste using gravy flower. Stuff this mix inside the fish. Wrap the fish in alfoil making a tight seal and throw it in a preheated oven @ 180c for 45 to 60 min according to fish size etc.
unwrap and enjoy. I don't eat the stuffing but the flavour runs through the whole fish but doesn't over power it. The crumb is fantastic and this is officially the greatest thing I know how to cook and the only meal I have come up with...... I stole the chips idea from here though

Salmon 50cm, squid 40cm, port Jackson 110cm, KGW 37cm, elephantfish 53cm, Snapper 53cm, ling 39cm
Ghurkin
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie outback

Re: Chev's crumbed & stuffed chilli snapper

Post by Ghurkin »

two words, S#!^ yeah!! mmmhhhmm that looks like some mighty fine vittles :up:
People laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at them because they're all the same.
edt4eva
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler 14

Post by edt4eva »

:thumbsup:
PB's / Estuary Perch 42cm (Nelson), Pike 85cm (Curlewis Bank), Flathead 50cm (Portarlington), Trevally 38cm (Swan Bay)
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

Mmm - a master chef snapper cook off.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
yakgear
Lord of the fish
kayak: y

Post by yakgear »

Yummy. . :thumbsup: