Taildancer Stock Up

What lures are working and people's reviews and photos on what they have caught on them!
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Taildancer Stock Up

Post by shane »

I'm getting in early this year stocking up on lures before snapper season starts.

Last season I had a lot of success with sebile koolie minnows in deeper water (I still have a few) but on the shallower reefy areas it was the rapala taildancers that stood out. The taildancers I bought before last season (from Cabela's) are mostly gone now with some reefed and one probably still in the mouth of an unstoppable. :o Unfortunately they are very rare in tackle stores here (and expensive - $25) so I've had to search long and hard online to find the best deal.

Below is a link to where I've ordered from and a summary of my order that's currently in the mail from Poland.

http://www.fishing-mart.com.pl/sklep/en ... -k552.html

1. Deep Tail Dancer 7cm - BFL (Length: 7cm ; Weight: 9g) / TDD07-BFL - Pieces: 1 - Sum: 5.84 Euro.
2. Deep Tail Dancer 7cm - SD (Length: 7cm ; Weight: 9g) / TDD07-SD - Pieces: 1 - Sum: 5.84 Euro.
3. Deep Tail Dancer 7cm - SFL (Length: 7cm ; Weight: 9g ; Treble Hooks: Two - No.5) / TDD07-SFL - Pieces: 1 - Sum: 5.84 Euro.
4. Deep Tail Dancer 9cm - BFL (Length: 9cm ; Weight: 13g) / TDD09-BFL - Pieces: 1 - Sum: 5.84 Euro.
5. Deep Tail Dancer 11cm - FYP (Length: 11cm ; Weight: 22g) / TDD11-FYP - Pieces: 1 - Sum: 5.84 Euro.

Delivery was only 6.15 Euro and the average price per lure including postage comes out to just $10.25AU. :yahoo:
0408 565 763
bjspinner
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA14 180Drive/ Oasis

Re: Taildancer Stock Up

Post by bjspinner »

Cabela's have them on sale at the moment if anyone is looking for some...
Mobile 0418991898
PB: Micro surgery on one of Scuba Sue's Gummy's
joffarob
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie PA 14 Dune

Post by joffarob »

Thanks Shane, just registered and waiting for confirmation email, question: that link shows the lures at 7.18 euros, have they gone up since you purchased or do you get discount once registered?
shane
Vyak Addict

Post by shane »

bjspinner wrote:Cabela's have them on sale at the moment if anyone is looking for some...
Bruce,
I can't see a special price on Cabela's site. Including postage (min $20US) the same order from Cabela's comes out to $15.63AU per lure. I posted this link because including postage it was a lot cheaper than anything else I could find.
Shane
0408 565 763
shane
Vyak Addict

Post by shane »

joffarob wrote:Thanks Shane, just registered and waiting for confirmation email, question: that link shows the lures at 7.18 euros, have they gone up since you purchased or do you get discount once registered?
Geoff,
The price quoted on their website includes local VAT. Once you've registered and it knows what country you're in the VAT will be removed and the price will come down. Note that the postage cost jumps up based on weight but unless you're buying a heap of these the cheaper letter rate should still apply. :up:
Shane
0408 565 763
joffarob
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie PA 14 Dune

Post by joffarob »

shane wrote:
joffarob wrote:Thanks Shane, just registered and waiting for confirmation email, question: that link shows the lures at 7.18 euros, have they gone up since you purchased or do you get discount once registered?
Geoff,
The price quoted on their website includes local VAT. Once you've registered and it knows what country you're in the VAT will be removed and the price will come down. Note that the postage cost jumps up based on weight but unless you're buying a heap of these the cheaper letter rate should still apply. :up:
Shane
Thanks, will grab some once my confirmation email comes and I can get on.
Haynsie
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Revolution 13

Post by Haynsie »

Nice one Shane. Love the TDs but the reds sure are hard on them.
bjspinner
Lord of the fish

Post by bjspinner »

Have you guys seen the full wire version on Cabelas..
Mobile 0418991898
Haynsie
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Revolution 13

Post by Haynsie »

bjspinner wrote:Have you guys seen the full wire version on Cabelas..
I thought they all had wire running through them? The TDD9's I've had ripped apart did.
bjspinner
Lord of the fish

Post by bjspinner »

Haynsie wrote:
bjspinner wrote:Have you guys seen the full wire version on Cabelas..
I thought they all had wire running through them? The TDD9's I've had ripped apart did.
The taildancers have wire but sebile now have a new version of the Koolie minnows, some different sizes in the full wire versions but claim some deep diving depths.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Home/Seb ... t544924980
Mobile 0418991898