berkley lures

What lures are working and people's reviews and photos on what they have caught on them!
westy
Lord of the fish
kayak: hobie compass and adventure island

berkley lures

Post by westy »

Having had such great success with the frenzys and shads, l need more, any one know who stocks a range of them, am readily browsing big w and Kmart, but want to order what l need and also the newer minnows.

thanks Westy :thumbsup:
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Re: berkley lures

Post by shane »

I ended up ordering a few from Amazon is the US so I could get a wider range of sizes and colours, particularly in the flicker minnows.Price worked out OK when ordering a few.
0408 565 763
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

:thumbsup: For the flicker range, minnows and shads. They have more action at lower speeds. cant troll them fast as they will spin out out. Dead slow even drifting speed, for flathead and bream. Excellent for bouncing along a sandy bottom

Think you might have to buy them on line either from OS or local ebay sellers, so you wil pay a tad more than kmart
parky
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by parky »

Rays Outdoors have a small range of these for $5 at Mentone but I would think other stores would have them. At $5 a pop it doesn't hurt as much if you lose them.
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

parky wrote:Rays Outdoors have a small range of these for $5 at Mentone but I would think other stores would have them. At $5 a pop it doesn't hurt as much if you lose them.
Only when that giant snapper rips the hook attachment off them :o
MrTall
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: mini-x, revo, oasis

Post by MrTall »

laneends wrote:
parky wrote:Rays Outdoors have a small range of these for $5 at Mentone but I would think other stores would have them. At $5 a pop it doesn't hurt as much if you lose them.
Yep thats happened to me. I once sacrificed one to see why they ripped out so easy, turns out it was due to a combination of pissy little piece of metal that holds hooks, and that being right on the seam line of where they join the two halves of lure during manufacture. Only really needed to give the hook attachment a smallish pull and twist, and it essentially just unscrewed from the tail of the lure as lure began to open up along seam line.
Pity really because for such a cheap lure they certainly swim well and fish love them. I wont use them for snapper anymore.
Dave
shane
Vyak Addict

Post by shane »

MrTall wrote:
laneends wrote:
Yep thats happened to me. I once sacrificed one to see why they ripped out so easy, turns out it was due to a combination of pissy little piece of metal that holds hooks, and that being right on the seam line of where they join the two halves of lure during manufacture. Only really needed to give the hook attachment a smallish pull and twist, and it essentially just unscrewed from the tail of the lure as lure began to open up along seam line.
Pity really because for such a cheap lure they certainly swim well and fish love them. I wont use them for snapper anymore.
Dave
I've had that happen as well. A small piece of wire heated then pushed through the tail of the lure where the hook loop is restrained would be a quick fix.
0408 565 763
parky
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by parky »

Thanks for that information. Might be safer not to use them.
shane
Vyak Addict

Post by shane »

parky wrote:Thanks for that information. Might be safer not to use them.
They should be OK for salmon, pike and the like. It's only decent sized snapper I've had problems with.
0408 565 763
MrTall
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: mini-x, revo, oasis

Post by MrTall »

shane wrote:
parky wrote:Thanks for that information. Might be safer not to use them.
They should be OK for salmon, pike and the like. It's only decent sized snapper I've had problems with.
Same here. I still use the fs6 as my go to salmon finding lure. Backing the drag off a bit should help with pulling the hooks out.