COD Lures....

What lures are working and people's reviews and photos on what they have caught on them!
madfishman
Lord of the fish
kayak: Pro Angler

COD Lures....

Post by madfishman »

Cod lures,
Just post up your favorite cod lure in this post, i got a couple so heres mine...
Cod Lure Ausspin lure.jpg
nice bend...
Aussipn lure
Black and Red
great cod spinner
Heaps of the mighty Cod.. 8-)

Neil
Cheers ,
Neilo

www.slhobie.com.au
Boz
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Perception Acadia

Re: COD Lures....

Post by Boz »

Where do I start. :?
mattyp
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie PA

Post by mattyp »

Nice rack Adam!
Cheers,
Matty

ImageImageImage
Boz

Post by Boz »

One of my favorites.
Jackalls work well.
MitchT
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler

Post by MitchT »

I LOVE YOU ADAM :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man those homemade lures(spinnerbaits) where Grouse loved them and what a great job you did!
fishsmith
Square eyes
kayak: Pro Angler and Native Watercraft Manta Ray 12

Post by fishsmith »

Nice lures spinnerbaits there Boz, I like the mod you've done with the plano box....That last pic looked suspiciously like a Jackell...
Boz

Post by Boz »

fishsmith wrote:Nice lures spinnerbaits there Boz, I like the mod you've done with the plano box....That last pic looked suspiciously like a Jackell...
Thanks. The spinnerbait worked out good, saved me $80 on buying one from the shops.

That last pic was a jackall, the cod and yellas love them. :mrgreen:
Chevvy
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie PA14, Riot escape 12, Wavedance Calypso

Post by Chevvy »

Rather than start again I thought I would give this thread a bump, what seems to be the current go to cod lure? I have ordered a couple of bibless Redfin coloured lures and a 6" Redfin swimmer bait for an upcoming cod comp but it's never a species I have targeted, obviously I have spinnerbaits which seem to be a popular choice but my cod knowledge goes as far as my old man calling every bibbed lure a stump jumper and telling me that's how ya catch big cod and yellabelly :lol:
Salmon 50cm, squid 40cm, port Jackson 110cm, KGW 37cm, elephantfish 53cm, Snapper 53cm, ling 39cm
Joshw
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: PA12

Post by Joshw »

Chevvy wrote:Rather than start again I thought I would give this thread a bump, what seems to be the current go to cod lure? I have ordered a couple of bibless Redfin coloured lures and a 6" Redfin swimmer bait for an upcoming cod comp but it's never a species I have targeted, obviously I have spinnerbaits which seem to be a popular choice but my cod knowledge goes as far as my old man calling every bibbed lure a stump jumper and telling me that's how ya catch big cod and yellabelly :lol:
Most lures will work, maybe some better than others, but with native fishing it's mainly about getting the lure right in amongst the snags and annoying the hell out of the fish to instigate a strike.

Oargee hard bodies are good, bassman spinner baits, jackall tn70's all work well, but there are endless amounts of cod lures haha.
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

madfishman wrote:Cod lures,
Just post up your favorite cod lure in this post, i got a couple so heres mine...
Cod Lure Ausspin lure.jpg
nice bend...
Aussipn lure
Black and Red
great cod spinner
Heaps of the mighty Cod.. 8-)

Neil
I've not caught a MC but I think I got a good hit on a spinner bait same colour red and black but with no hook up ( pulled its skirt down though )

of cause it was a Brooker spinner bait and they are much better lures just ask Brendanrage
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657