Bayside Wood Turning

Have a business? Heres the place for you. Read Commercial Policy inside for more details.
cotso
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie outback

Bayside Wood Turning

Post by cotso »

Bayside Wood Turning.6 Dalkeith Drive, Dromana Industrial Estate. Phone 59818411.
We have been here for the past 16 years manufacturing turned timber products, anything from turned verandah posts to door knobs, even fishing rod handles.Plus general wood machining.
So if your in the area pop in for a YAK, haha and say hello. Cheers Frank

(Mod approved)
BAYSIDE WOOD TURNING & SELF STORAGE. New 20 foot vented shipping containers, CCTV security.24/7 access, your own main gate code and your lock. $200 per month. Ph 5981-8411
cotso
Square eyes

Re: Bayside Wood Turning

Post by cotso »

Just thought I would add that we are an outlet for Carba-Tec Tools and Machines . We're happy to make custom timber projects ,band saw cut outs etc so feel free to pop in for a chat if you're passing.
BAYSIDE WOOD TURNING & SELF STORAGE. New 20 foot vented shipping containers, CCTV security.24/7 access, your own main gate code and your lock. $200 per month. Ph 5981-8411
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

I will drop in and grab some chips for the smoker as well :thumbsup:
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
cotso
Square eyes

Post by cotso »

maverick wrote:I will drop in and grab some chips for the smoker as well :thumbsup:
No worries Pete, bring a bag or box for them. I have a rubbish bin full of Vic Ash
HaTTerS
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: None (temporarily)

Post by HaTTerS »

Hi Frank. When I see an ad for a business like this, my mind starts running wild thinking... what could I get you guys to do?
The turned verandah posts/door knobs/fishing rod handles etc are pretty obvious candidates, so I was just wondering what are some of the strangest things you've ever been asked to produce?
Poised on the edge of sanity.
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

No worries Pete, bring a bag or box for them. I have a rubbish bin full of Vic Ash
Given the price I was paying at Bunnings, BCF for chips and shaving etc - you should look into selling it for smokers, seriously - (except for me :evilgrin: )
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
cotso
Square eyes

Post by cotso »

maverick wrote:
Given the price I was paying at Bunnings, BCF for chips and shaving etc - you should look into selling it for smokers, seriously - (except for me :evilgrin: )
Haha I don't know how many times I've had piles of Oak,Cherry etc and saved it for when I get a smoker and .... still no smoker. I've got some great green coloured wood for you Pete :evilgrin:
Scuttlebutt
Square eyes
kayak: Revolution. Pro Angler. 12. The Strong Hold.

Post by Scuttlebutt »

Hi cotso, nice to make your acquaintance...We may require some such or other
for the Strong Hold at some stage...I shall keep you in mind.
Corsair of Scuttlebutt. Cheer's. Susan. aka. Scuba Sue.
PB. Safeway Banana Prawn's bought as Bait.
PB. Gummy Shark 83.5cm. No Microsurgery required to fillet this sucker.
PB. Scuttlebutts' Strong Hold.
cotso
Square eyes

Post by cotso »

HaTTerS wrote:Hi Frank. When I see an ad for a business like this, my mind starts running wild thinking... what could I get you guys to do?
The turned verandah posts/door knobs/fishing rod handles etc are pretty obvious candidates, so I was just wondering what are some of the strangest things you've ever been asked to produce?
Well Jeff. Today I'm cutting in half golf balls for a sculptor, In the past I've made quite a bit for them and some of the bits are like... WT :? So here's a quick list that comes to mind, Wooden bell, imitation bombs and nose cones for old aeroplanes at Tyabb, bullets for a blokes pool room, Vintage car parts, Oars, gummy dongas, Bocchi balls if that's how you spell it, proto type things such as moulds for dog bowls, air cleaner and snorkel parts for 4WD supplier, wobble boards for a personal trainer ....she even gave me a demo on there use.... YES she was HOT for all you curious types. Wheel spokes for wagon wheel,
crosses for deceased pets, Turned wine bottles for a winery . and yes a dildo for a very strange woman ...NO demo :shock:
I must say my job is interesting and I've met some very clever interesting people and made some great friends.
HaTTerS
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: None (temporarily)

Post by HaTTerS »

cotso wrote:a dildo for a very strange woman ...NO demo :shock:
:lol:

Wow. Now you've got me thinking!
Do you do finishing as well?
Say for example someone wanted to do run of fish dongers/priests, could you also do things like burn a logo into them and stain them?

Like this sort of thing
Poised on the edge of sanity.