The evolution of VYAK

Our policy and site announcements(Upgrades/migrations, etc)
Drifta-X
Yak Master
kayak: 2010 hobie outback

Re: The evolution of VYAK

Post by Drifta-X »

HaTTerS wrote:Yup, it will have to be reworked.
I'll be asking for input before any decisions are made. Keep an eye out in the competition section in the near future.
Reworked so rays are allowed :D
I survived the June 2012 Vyak server crash, just.
Widsa
Site Admin
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher

Post by Widsa »

Fear not Vyak wont really change at all even if people are not interested in the organisation idea the only real change is we wont be hosting comps.
Comps will have to be organised by the public or companies.

There is nothing stopping us doing like we used to do and everyone brings a pack of plastics or equivalent and we have 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
Someone organises meat or BYO just like when we started.
I think for most its not about the prizes but the company and having fun plus maybe some braging rights.
We certainly will never ask anyone to pay for being a member of VYAK.
This is more about protecting what we have here

The way I see it we can use VYAK as a launchpad and meeting place for the organisation.
We can use the organisation to lobby for things like the super trawler, new ramps, access to devils bend etc..
Also for those into kayak specific comps the possibilities are endless.

Not everyone will be interested in joining or participating and that is fine.
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway
HaTTerS
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: None (temporarily)

Post by HaTTerS »

Drifta-X wrote:
I'll be asking for input before any decisions are made. Keep an eye out in the competition section in the near future.
Yes!
Poised on the edge of sanity.
HaTTerS

Post by HaTTerS »

Strange...
Why do I get the feeling that this forum and community is about to really take off?
Drifta-X
Yak Master
kayak: 2010 hobie outback

Post by Drifta-X »

HaTTerS wrote:
Drifta-X wrote:
Yes!
:yahoo:

Anyone try's suing vyak I'll sic Bretty on ya.
Omg your knees going to get such a bitting
I survived the June 2012 Vyak server crash, just.
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

I think that is a very smart decision lads, given the phenominal growth of VYAK. It is a topic thaat has been raised at great length previously and the "club" option gives anyone with the time and inclination to be involved in a club a great opportunity to grow something.

In the mean time the VYAK community will continue to grow and share the great kayak fishing lifestyle that we enjoy, with those more competitively inclined able to become a member of a "club" A great result all around.

So, does the TFS photo comp continue? :lol:
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
Graybalz85
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie PA (Sponge Bob)

Post by Graybalz85 »

i understand why you guys are doing, wouldnt want to see the forum go down, (even though the misses would like me not being on hear so much hahahah) having to pay to join a club to compete is fine with me.
Yak PB: Leatherjacket 35.5cm, elephant fish 69.5cm, salmon 44cm, Whiting 38cm, squid (30cm Hood), Gummy 104cm, Flathead 34cm, Travelly 40cm, Pinkie 36cm
Drew
Square eyes
kayak: 2008 Revolution Fish and 2011 Outback

Post by Drew »

Being involved in another incorporated organisation at the moment, I think the biggest challenge will be initiating a financial situation, and maintaining that position moving forward.

I'd be very happy to help with initiating the Incorporation, and offering suggested Club Rules, that would assist in protecting the Committee and the facilitators of the community that has been built as a result of the forums.

Personally, I've made a couple of great mates, and think that this is a great move for the group!
Yak PB's:

- Rock Flathead 45cm
HaTTerS

Post by HaTTerS »

Drew wrote:Being involved in another incorporated organisation at the moment, I think the biggest challenge will be initiating a financial situation, and maintaining that position moving forward.

I'd be very happy to help with initiating the Incorporation, and offering suggested Club Rules, that would assist in protecting the Committee and the facilitators of the community that has been built as a result of the forums.

Personally, I've made a couple of great mates, and think that this is a great move for the group!
PM sent
Widsa
Site Admin
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher

Post by Widsa »

Drew wrote:Being involved in another incorporated organisation at the moment, I think the biggest challenge will be initiating a financial situation, and maintaining that position moving forward.

This is why I feel the forum is such a great tool for the startup.

I agree the hardest part will be starting it up, but as we have a pretty good member base here im sure we could get a decent amount to jump on board straight away.
The other thing will be committee members, rules, constution etc.. which the we can also sus out right here on the forum.
If you are willing to help that would be awesome! especially if you have previous experience.

Also once it starts, VYAK can help to continue the growth through new members who want to attend Comps and advance the sport.

I really do hope we can do this and keep a partnership between the two groups as they will work in unison and grow together.
The last thing I want is division, but I dont see that happening.

Widsa.
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway