Regards,
Wokka. (aka...Fruitbat)
Fishing... a jerk on one end of the line waiting for a jerk on the other
Galey
Lord of the fish
kayak: Ok Frenzy

Re: Galey's Vids

Post by Galey »

A couple of clips of some of the action from Sunday. I had planned a fly fishing trip to Goulburn Weir but a mate wanted a little river trip.

erik the viking
Square eyes
kayak: 2015 Outback

Post by erik the viking »

[quote="Galey"]A couple of clips of some of the action from Sunday. I had planned a fly fishing trip to Goulburn Weir but a mate wanted a little river trip.

I recognise some of those snags.
It's funny how the cod return to the same hidy spots after they have been caught.
However, it does not guarantee they will always 'play the game' no matter how hard you try.
Thanks for the reminder how much fun cod fishing can be, and for taking the time to share the experience.
I'm still trying to get back on the water, but the 'fish'n gods' seem to have other ideas............. :cry:
Now the water temps have dropped a smidge seems to be the perfect time.
Oh oh. Might be better to wait till after the long weekend hullabaloo though. :D
Galey
Lord of the fish

Post by Galey »

I banged this together to give people an idea of what sort of conditions you will encounter if you have a go at the car drop from Casey's Weir to Quinns Road on the Broken River. There are a couple of F bombs so let that be a warning. The link below has the directions and what not.

http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=24702
erik the viking
Square eyes
kayak: 2015 Outback

Post by erik the viking »

Galey wrote: I banged this together to give people an idea of what sort of conditions you will encounter if you have a go at the car drop from Casey's Weir to Quinns Road on the Broken River. There are a couple of F bombs so let that be a warning. The link below has the directions and what not.

Well done. Thanks for posing that footage.
I have heard that piece of water has apparently been hit a fair bit since the new year.
I know it is popular for the land based fishos, and this footage shows us why.
Nine hours battling and dragging makes sure you enjoy every fish that comes on board. :D
Maybe after Easter I might be able to finally get the yak wet somewhere.
Might look for a bit more water under the keel though, although the Goulburn is still up a fair bit.
Galey
Lord of the fish

Post by Galey »

"Hit hard" would depend on what you were comparing it to I guess but fair to say that between Benalla and Shepp gets a touch up the whole way along, some more so than others and there would be sections along the stretch that we did that don't see much pressure in say comparison to the banks of Canniambo area.The Goulburn sure is pumping at the moment. I fished the Goulburn Weir last Saturday and the water was very cool as a result of the high flow.
mazman
Lord of the fish
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher and 2015 Hobie Outback

Post by mazman »

Nice Linton, not so keen on walking through the bush barefoot in shorts though.
Facebook page: Hawkesy Fishing
Youtube: Hawkesy Fishing
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Nice fish, great vids, looks like a nice spot you live in up there :up: ;)
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Galey
Lord of the fish

Post by Galey »

mazman wrote:Nice Linton, not so keen on walking through the bush barefoot in shorts though.
Cheers Alex, usually pretty safe crashing about in the middle of a hot day but I'm extremely careful in mild weather or warm nights/mornings. I actually had a rather close encounter with a fat tiger around 11 this morning as I dragged across a sandbar.
peatop wrote:Nice fish, great vids, looks like a nice spot you live in up there :up: ;)
Thanks mate, yep I'm in a pretty good spot for fishing for natives, reasonably short trips to a variety of fishing.