New spear gun

Into yak based Diving? Talk about it here!
Reel obsession
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie Outback ivory dune

New spear gun

Post by Reel obsession »

Picked up the new weapon this morning. From a competition advertised in a magazine and was stoked to find out I'd won!!!
It's a Mares phantom carbon 75 (worth $220) and can't wait to put it through its paces! The 19mm power band it comes with is bloody strong !!
[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
image.jpg
yakhangger
Lord of the fish
kayak: cool kayak, Hobie Outback !! Adventure Island

Re: New spear gun

Post by yakhangger »

Reel obsession wrote:Picked up the new weapon this morning. From a competition advertised in a magazine and was stoked to find out I'd won!!!
It's a Mares phantom carbon 75 (worth $220) and can't wait to put it through its paces! The 19mm power band it comes with is bloody strong !!
image.jpg
Very nice mate and well done on the win :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I'm still waiting to use my old gun in anger :D :D
PB Frog 490mm Squid 395mm Gummy 1080mm Bream 295mm Snook 589mm Leather Jacket 340mm Snapper 540mm Barracouta 635mm Garfish 430mm Rainbow Trout 340mm Cuttlefish 210mm Salmon 370mm Banjo 935mm Elephant 810mm Ghurkin fish 230mm Port Jackson 700mm Blue T Wrasse 490mm
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Post by Digger »

A few of years ago I gave my neighbour my old Undersee "Bazooka" double rubber wooden speargun. He wanted to pay me but I refused as I was never going to use it again. Jeez I've shot some fish with that gun! About a year after that he had an aneurism and suddenly died! Mid twenties, married with 2 kids....bloody shame!

At one stage I had an Italian pneumatic gun. It cost heaps and was about 5' long. Bloody thing almost pulled out of my hand when I fired it and the spear hit the end of the cord. It had a lever at the back that increased power by 33% but I never needed that. Cost me a fortune!

Spearfishing! Sigh, they were the days~
blinky
The force is strong in this one
kayak: hobie outback

Post by blinky »

nice! it should be great for flathead and night dives. 19mm is thick for such a little gun! i wonder why so much power for it? I have 16mm on all my guns, one with double 16's quite happy with the lower power of them and easy to load.
Reel obsession
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie Outback ivory dune

Post by Reel obsession »

Yeah I agree, they're damn strong. Might need to use twin bands of a smaller diameter