Offshore kayaking in your sixties.

SAFETY FIRST!! Please read as no fish is worth dying for.
vicyak
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie PA 14

Re: Offshore kayaking in your sixties.

Post by vicyak »

My father in law is 82. Nearly died a few years ago after complication from major surgery. He looks like a skeleton and frail. Although not on the yak fishing is in his blood from a youngster. Even starting his motor now from cold is an impossible task for him. Still when we came in on saturday he was about to head out again by himself (before I convinced him not to). I do believe once fishing is taken away from him his years will be numbered. My duty to get him out as much as possible. Even if I go on the yak next to him. Lucky he still has a mate a few years his junior to help him as well. My best times fishing is not me catching fish but the smiles you help put on other people's faces when they catch and you help make that possible.
chrisw
Square eyes
kayak: Dune PA14

Post by chrisw »

vicyak wrote:My best times fishing is not me catching fish but the smiles you help put on other people's faces when they catch and you help make that possible.
:thumbsup: :clap:
chrisw
Square eyes
kayak: Dune PA14

Post by chrisw »

vicyak wrote:Even starting his motor now from cold is an impossible task for him. Still when we came in on saturday he was about to head out again by himself (before I convinced him not to). I do believe once fishing is taken away from him his years will be numbered. My duty to get him out as much as possible. Even if I go on the yak next to him. Lucky he still has a mate a few years his junior to help him as well.
If he wants to go out on a day no-one else is around and he's willing to accept help from a relative stranger I'm just down the road. As I work from home I'm almost always here.