Almost speechless ...

SAFETY FIRST!! Please read as no fish is worth dying for.
JägerMarty
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie Outback 2015

Re: Almost speechless ...

Post by JägerMarty »

chrisw wrote:

At least they were in a boat ... operator of speedboat was alleged to have been texting.

Those prop marks at the end ... :( :wtf:

Also, this:
"Larsen, a Roseburg resident, told The Oregonian/OregonLive by phone Friday that he wasn’t using his cellphone while driving his Bayliner and referred to such allegations as “fake news.” Larsen also said a lawsuit seemed unnecessary because the people in the Weldcraft weren’t hurt badly.
The criminal case is ongoing. Larsen has pleaded not guilty to the misdemeanor crimes of reckless operation of a boat, fourth-degree assault and recklessly endangering the lives of others."
I carry a manually pumped air horn but something like this makes me want to mount one from a Mack truck on my hatch cover with a button somewhere close at hand!
He should have his licence cancelled and be made to hand his boat over to those blokes :evil:
westy
Lord of the fish
kayak: hobie compass and adventure island

Post by westy »

Yep it happens folks, nearly got hit before xmas sitting out from Fishies, large cruising yacht at night, me sitting catching snapper 400mts from shore, light on and watching this yacht from a distance coming my way, surely he could see me, but no, shouting and threw over the anchor to paddle off quick.
yacht went by with a dozen couples on board drinking bubbles, skipper not at the helm, :evil: makes you wonder. :down:
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

First reaction camera if time permits, then report, all near misses should be reported, if it happens more than once by the same vessel then they might do something about it, if there's no one at the helm, they should investigate ;)
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm