Best small kayak for inshore?

Questions new members commonly ask e.g. Which kayak should I buy?
mazman
Lord of the fish
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher and 2015 Hobie Outback

Re: Best small kayak for inshore?

Post by mazman »

cheaterparts wrote:
mazman wrote:
cheaterparts wrote:

I would say any 2.7 meter kayaks best design would have one to two meters added on to it
Or in other words there are no good designs at this length outside a swimming pool
Maybe not for the fishing you do but there are plenty of places where anything longer than 3m is a disadvantage.
check the first post

none of the places listed are skinny or protected waters - so I stand by my post
I read the first post and would agree that a 3m kayak is not the correct choice for these areas, personally if that's where you want to fish get something more suited or choose somewhere else to fish. it's more the presentation of the information than the core idea you were going for.

*couldn't quote enough posts so removed the original posts
Facebook page: Hawkesy Fishing
Youtube: Hawkesy Fishing
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

4liters wrote:
peatop wrote:
4liters wrote: Famous last words

awesome pic, anyone we know?
http://vyak.net/forum/memberlist.php?mo ... rofile&u=2
First this pic never dies and is still as funny today - never run late with a Mudbrother trip heres my report from may 2010 http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1133
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Thank for the link Cheater, finally l have a clear picture of where the jokes started, must have been a frustrating event for Widsa but to look back on it would be a fond memory :up: :lol: I'm sure most of us have been in a similar situation, l once bogged my tractor and it stayed there for about 4 months till the ground dried out enough to drive it out, i was the talk of the town for quite some time :evilgrin:
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm