The evolution of VYAK

Our policy and site announcements(Upgrades/migrations, etc)
cruiser
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: AI

Re: The evolution of VYAK

Post by cruiser »

Ok so what I have read is vyak will stay the same but a club will be formed and said club will have no afillation with vyak :?: You will have to exuse me as Ive been out in the mancave haveing a few sherberts and gearing up for the weekend
mob 0423 492 759
viperdevil
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Outfitter & Sevylor Pointer K2

Post by viperdevil »

Does that mean Mud brothers comp is the last comp as VYAK? before the club and In future to be in any comp we have to be the members of the club?
Praz
ratfish
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Outback + mini x + AI

Post by ratfish »

Like Andrew I've had chats with canoe vic over the years about club formation and registration from a school and club perspective, part of their charter is a qualified group leader for each event with different levels of qualification for different locations and event types, would be great to be a part of them but a lot of work.
Drew
Square eyes
kayak: 2008 Revolution Fish and 2011 Outback

Post by Drew »

Just thinking aloud (well, typing anyway), I wonder if one of the options would be to initiate discussions with an already founded Angling Club...

One of my mates is the Secretary for DBAC (Dunlop Bayswater Angling Club), and they do a LOT of things with kids in the community, with a view to getting them interested in fishing. DBAC is a very closed community, and they have pretty strict guidelines around member attendance at fishing events, and participation in maintaining their Club House up at Howqua, etc... I wonder if we were to approach someone like Mitcham, or one of the other Club's who have their own Club Rooms, if we could reach a synergy, and not only build on our current community, but bring more people to the sport as a result...
Yak PB's:

- Rock Flathead 45cm
viperdevil
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Outfitter & Sevylor Pointer K2

Post by viperdevil »

Out of Interest how much will we pay each to be in the club? does it depend on the number of members? I dont mind paying, just curious
Praz
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

I believe that sums it up Cruiser. No different to VYAK, AKFF and KFDU and being involved in all three or just one. It won't be either VYAK or VYAK Club, it can be both. One will be run as is, the other will take whatever form the committee and members decide on, with the emphasis on protecting the individual committee members from litigation if they do run organised competitions.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
Drew
Square eyes

Post by Drew »

ratfish wrote:Like Andrew I've had chats with canoe vic over the years about club formation and registration from a school and club perspective, part of their charter is a qualified group leader for each event with different levels of qualification for different locations and event types, would be great to be a part of them but a lot of work.
Many years ago, I was a registered white water instructor with Canoeing Victoria, but have never looked at how their constitution works, or what it takes to be affiliated...

their guidelines for being an affiliate are here... http://vic.canoe.org.au/default.asp?Pag ... c492/6229/

I believe this would be the most logical approach were we to go out "on our own"...
Yak PB's:

- Rock Flathead 45cm
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

Drew wrote:Just thinking aloud (well, typing anyway), I wonder if one of the options would be to initiate discussions with an already founded Angling Club...

One of my mates is the Secretary for DBAC (Dunlop Bayswater Angling Club), and they do a LOT of things with kids in the community, with a view to getting them interested in fishing. DBAC is a very closed community, and they have pretty strict guidelines around member attendance at fishing events, and participation in maintaining their Club House up at Howqua, etc... I wonder if we were to approach someone like Mitcham, or one of the other Club's who have their own Club Rooms, if we could reach a synergy, and not only build on our current community, but bring more people to the sport as a result...
I believe Rhino and others tried this option with the Altona Club, but the lack of interest by VYAKers was overwhelming. It is certainly a great option to explore and it means that rather than start a whole new club, it could be a Kayaking affiliation of an existing club. Discounts on insurance etc, clubhouse, meeting room.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
Kingo
Lord of the fish
kayak: Olive Hobie Pro Angler 12

Post by Kingo »

Going down the club route is a great move will, I'm more than happy to pay for a club membership and I am willing to help in anyway to get it off the ground and up and running.
Considering the large growth of vyak in such a short time this seems to be the next logical step forward and like hatters I've got a feeling this is really going to take off :up:
Drew
Square eyes

Post by Drew »

viperdevil wrote:Out of Interest how much will we pay each to be in the club? does it depend on the number of members? I dont mind paying, just curious
it typically depends on how the Club is founded, and what the subscriptions go towards. For the WRX Club, our membership is $90 per year, which goes towards cash booking Motorsport events, paying for meeting rooms for general member and committee meetings, putting on BBQ's for the members at social events and the like...
Yak PB's:

- Rock Flathead 45cm