Had to happen one day

ratfish
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Outback + mini x + AI

Re: Had to happen one day

Post by ratfish »

GoneFishn wrote:I think I'm long overdue for a dunking, last time was years ago getting back on the yack from a river bank :oops: mind you it was about 38 so the swim was good :lol:

Shaun 2 things, could the pants wave been pulled rolled down while trying to get back on and would a stirrup made it possible with the water to get back on.
I have made a stirrup that stays in my PFD pocket just in case I can't get back on.

Good to see you kept your wits about you, hard to do in those situations.
Yeah I think a stirrup would have made a difference and something I normally carry on me but I'd switched it over to the other yak when I took the kids out on the lake last week, guess what I'm making up once I get home...

They didn't have water in initially so could have been from trying to get up and pushing against the side, going to do some testing once it's warmer.
cruiser
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: AI

Post by cruiser »

I'm glad to see you came out of it ok Shaun ,the water in the kokatats is bit of a worry ,mine always slide down a bit after about an hour on the water and can let a bit of water in sometimes ,been thinking of getting braces to solve the problem and perhaps they might hold them up a bit if one takes a dunking ,just a thought
mob 0423 492 759
Yacker
Yak Master
kayak: Yellow PA and red Q kayak

Post by Yacker »

Sh!t!!
Sounds like you did well in a potentially dicey situation.
Glad you're ok
Many and strange are the universes that drift like bubbles in the foam upon the River of Time
cotso
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie outback

Post by cotso »

Wow. Reality check for us all.... Can happen and it does. It's great guys like yourself post these things up.Glad the outcome was a good one.
BAYSIDE WOOD TURNING & SELF STORAGE. New 20 foot vented shipping containers, CCTV security.24/7 access, your own main gate code and your lock. $200 per month. Ph 5981-8411