Pimpin the trailer

Munroe
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler 14, 420 Renegade

Pimpin the trailer

Post by Munroe »

Looking for a solution to store all my gear NOT in the car apart from my fishing rods.

I 've had this Easy Trailer for a few months now, Removed the bottom leaves off the springs to make it not so bouncy and replaced some of the pins and used bolts to make it a bit more rigid.

I got me some lockable tool boxes and with the help from a neighbor he had racked up some frames and replaced the hitch for a more sturdy one.
Didn't really trust the Yanky steel type
Didn't really trust the Yanky steel type
Built in "Rack"n Roll System Front and Back
Built in "Rack"n Roll System Front and Back
The tool boxes are large enough to hold landing net, turbo fins , small esky and various camping gear. Both lids can lift up enough to get things out while the PA is still on. Boxes were the $$ killer coming in at $350 each from Supercheap

I'm looking at putting a 20/50 lt water tank/pump on aswell which will make cleaning easier.
IMAG0152.jpg
All I need to do now is to line the boxes with some marine carpet and fit out the boxes so things aren't clumping around while on the road.
Munroe
http://www.munroessoftplastics.com.au
PB snapper-83cm Flathead-68cm, Dusky Flathead-80cm,EP-39cm Bream- 38cm,Tailor-58cm, Mulloway-85cm
Kingo
Lord of the fish
kayak: Olive Hobie Pro Angler 12

Re: Pimpin the trailer

Post by Kingo »

Looks great mate
Graybalz85
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie PA (Sponge Bob)

Post by Graybalz85 »

Nice work, plenty of room for something else on the front like a fridge :thumbsup:
Yak PB: Leatherjacket 35.5cm, elephant fish 69.5cm, salmon 44cm, Whiting 38cm, squid (30cm Hood), Gummy 104cm, Flathead 34cm, Travelly 40cm, Pinkie 36cm
GoneFishn
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: OceanKayak Prowler Elite 4.5 "Calypso"

Post by GoneFishn »

Looks good mate, I reckon there is enough room for 2 yaks on that trailer ;)
Plenty of room on the front for another lockable box or is that where the water tank is going
herbie
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Stabicraft 1550 Fisher

Post by herbie »

nice work mate, I am gonna have to come and have a squiz soon. it looks great!! :thumbsup:
cheers

Herbie
0404 257 360
Rhino
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Streaker Tournament/Zodiac

Post by Rhino »

Looking good Alan.

I've had my eyes on a certain trailer for a while but the bloke won't sell it to me. YET :wave1:
Munroe
Lord of the fish

Post by Munroe »

Graybalz85 wrote:Nice work, plenty of room for something else on the front like a fridge :thumbsup:
Yes... I forgot about the 3 way fridge sitting in the laundry cupboard...May be a brain fart, but I'll have to check out how I can wire it up to the car while driving, running off a spare battery while parked and on gas at the camp site. Work on that while making an enclosure for it :thumbsup:
I reckon there is enough room for 2 yaks on that trailer
I thought of that but I'll have to lose a tool box unless I go higher and I still need to slightly push the good wife into a kayak and set it afloat before we buy another
Munroe
PB snapper-83cm Flathead-68cm, Dusky Flathead-80cm,EP-39cm Bream- 38cm,Tailor-58cm, Mulloway-85cm
Knogg
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler 12,COBRA,Fish and Dive,play

Post by Knogg »

Munroe wrote:
Graybalz85 wrote:Nice work, plenty of room for something else on the front like a fridge :thumbsup:
Yes... I forgot about the 3 way fridge sitting in the laundry cupboard...May be a brain fart, but I'll have to check out how I can wire it up to the car while driving, running off a spare battery while parked and on gas at the camp site. Work on that while making an enclosure for it :thumbsup:
I reckon there is enough room for 2 yaks on that trailer
I thought of that but I'll have to lose a tool box unless I go higher and I still need to slightly push the good wife into a kayak and set it afloat before we buy another
Wire up a deep cycle battery on the trailer so it charges as you drive. When you turn your car off the fridge will run from the battery. Have a switch so you can switch it off just incase you don't want voltage output.

Looks great. You and Tip will have to have a trailer comp :lol: maybe a jayco cabin mounted on the roof will see you win :lol: :lol:
"Every Fisherman has a story" but "Every KAYAK fisherman has a better one"
Munroe
Lord of the fish

Post by Munroe »

maybe a jayco cabin mounted on the roof will see you win
Maybe a slide out base up the front with pop up tent/swag :lol: S#^t Now I've done it :idea: :idea: :roll:

Ideas are endless. Just how far would you want to go. But these easy trailers are a really good blank canvas to build up on
Wire up a deep cycle battery on the trailer
Just need to get talking to a Auto Elect' :thumbsup:
Munroe
Jenko
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Big Aluminium One

Post by Jenko »

Nice setup Allan.
Dual battery system are easy to set up, just done it on my ute for camping.
Cheers Gary...
WestVic Signs 0429 184 940
I got a sweater for Xmas, really wanted a moaner or screamer.

Flathead PB 83cm Bream PB 43cm Luderick 38cm