trout lures and plastics....

What lures are working and people's reviews and photos on what they have caught on them!
Travymac97
Apprentice
kayak: Hobie outback

trout lures and plastics....

Post by Travymac97 »

what are people catching trout on ?! :( :?: :?: :?:
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Re: trout lures and plastics....

Post by maverick »

2 top favourite hard bodies are; pink & blue tassie devils trolled at 5 - 5.5 kph just on a flat line at this time of the year or the Rapala CD5 or CD 7 in rainbow trout pattern but trolled slower.

Haven't tried trolling a lot of soft plastics for trout, but a worm style and preferably rigged with a stinger hook has worked for me recently.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
Haynsie
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Revolution 13

Post by Haynsie »

Tassie Devils - (chuck away the wire and run leader through a red bead to a single lure hook) - Pink on overcast days, Holographic, natural colours when the sun's out. Anything with spots.

Metals/spoons - The good old silver or gold Wonder Wobbler, Crocodiles etc. (You can lose a lot of fish with these as they are easy to shake free).

Spinners - Green/black or red/black Celtas, Pink Vibrax

Hardbodies - A lot of natural looking minnow styles will get a bite. Last one I caught at Trout closing took a Realis Minnow 80SP. Rebel Frog and Rebel Crawdad. Brown Trout pattern with spots.

Vibes - Black/Gold TTs

Plastics - Gulp 3" smelt/natural minnows, Lunker City Glitter minnows, yabbie imitations.

Hope that helps!

Cheers

Tim
ratfish
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Outback + mini x + AI

Post by ratfish »

Ditto what the others have been saying. Rapala's have been doing the damage for minnow patterns lately for me fished super slow. For plastics I love a black and gold glitter paddle tail and also taken a couple of late on lil thumper's from Mav's range which isn't to shabby considering they don't get much time.
Bretty
Yak Master
kayak: HOBIE OUTBACK RED

Post by Bretty »

As a non trout fisho i'll swear by the kmart super trout lures 7 bucks and always got me fish :thumbsup:
Brett
richo
Apprentice
kayak: bic bilbao

Post by richo »

berkley fatdog shallow and deep always do well for me
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

Bretty wrote:As a non trout fisho i'll swear by the kmart super trout lures 7 bucks and always got me fish :thumbsup:

I agree those tsunami trout lures in both rainbow and brown trout colour work very well for a cheap lure

and I'm also not a trout fisho but have had sucess with halco scorpion 35s in brown trout colour - I've also picked up one in rainbow trout colour
my guess these will work ok as well
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
Mushi
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie Adventure Fish (ex-Cruiser)

Post by Mushi »

Just to add to an older thread - the little bassday sugar deep 35F has been going great for me lately as a trout lolly in the creeks and small rivers. Been using the colour C66 (transparent with a light goldy/yellow on head) but looking to try a few other colours. The C66 is a nice natural looking colour, that shows up surprising well in slightly discoloured water.