diving

Into yak based Diving? Talk about it here!
yakhangger
Lord of the fish
kayak: cool kayak, Hobie Outback !! Adventure Island

diving

Post by yakhangger »

Start my dive course tomorrow with my daughter :yahoo: :yahoo: at Harbour Dive, Mornington
PB Frog 490mm Squid 395mm Gummy 1080mm Bream 295mm Snook 589mm Leather Jacket 340mm Snapper 540mm Barracouta 635mm Garfish 430mm Rainbow Trout 340mm Cuttlefish 210mm Salmon 370mm Banjo 935mm Elephant 810mm Ghurkin fish 230mm Port Jackson 700mm Blue T Wrasse 490mm
Babylon
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: 2017 Hobie Revo 13, Hobie Compass Duo

Re: diving

Post by Babylon »

Good luck with the course,how old is your daughter,does she like fishing as well its great to do things with your kids.Cheers Babylon :thumbsup:
yakhangger
Lord of the fish

Post by yakhangger »

She is 12 Babylon....just...she has been fishing with me a few times but never been real lucky...even in a small lake chasing carp !!!! I'm sure if she was catching and not just fishing she would be more keen, my youngest has all the luck when fishing but is real pissed she has to wait 3 1/2 years to do her diving !!!!
PB Frog 490mm Squid 395mm Gummy 1080mm Bream 295mm Snook 589mm Leather Jacket 340mm Snapper 540mm Barracouta 635mm Garfish 430mm Rainbow Trout 340mm Cuttlefish 210mm Salmon 370mm Banjo 935mm Elephant 810mm Ghurkin fish 230mm Port Jackson 700mm Blue T Wrasse 490mm
yakhangger
Lord of the fish

Post by yakhangger »

Well day one of our dive course done. We spent the morning in the class room, much to Nikita's disgust, then lunch then off to the pool where we did a 200meter swim followed by 10mins of treading water then a heap of drills under water, clearing water from mask, finding breathing regulator when it comes out, buddie breathing. Then we got to do a few laps UNDER the water learning to stay level, not coming up or down. Nikita did really well at all of the drill's even getting a high 5 from our instructor which no one else got !! Well done chick. Then it was more laps just getting used to the gear. We did a exit and re-entry as well then back to the shop to clean up the gear. Tomorrow will be fun, we will have two pier dives in the big blue !!! A report will follow tomorrow.
Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Lots of composite ones

Post by Seasherpa »

Sounds like a good day all round :thumbsup:
ELM
Yak Master
kayak: A very dusty one.

Post by ELM »

Nice one Nikita :clap: , champion effort by the sounds and hope you can block out the cold and enjoy the salty stuff.

As for you Cob; Ok,Nikita did well, how did you go in the 200 meter swim and mask clearing ?
Who did you get for your instructor?

By the way, how did you go with the cylinder, would he drop the price?
Did that suit fit Nikita, fins etc go ok, any pic's of the other gear you got, sounds like a bargain and one others here may benefit from if Sonar are still open?
When we say it's BIG RED SEASON, we don't mean a big red blood stain on the bay,
GET YOUR LIGHTS ON + YOUR PFD'S.

Happy Sailing Fishing and keep blowing bubbles.
Cheers
Eddie

Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Post by Digger »

I started diving there 55 years ago!
yakhangger
Lord of the fish

Post by yakhangger »

Well day two was blown out :evil: :evil: we went over to Flinders Pier to find a LOW tide and huge white caps so in the interest of fun and safety it was called a no go, so back to the shop for rebooking. If Nikita's netball team loses today that's it for them for the season so we can go next weekend to have another go at getting into the salty stuff, if they win we are into the finials so it will be the weekend after. Our instructor was Steve who was really good with Nikita and kept the jokes clean. Cob the pool was fine I got through the swim no worries....little bit of freestyle little bit on my back fair bit of breast stroke and the treading water was ok to and for a bloke who cant float either. The mask clearing was fine as well we both did ok with it. Could not get him to drop on the tank am still working on him as far as that and the rest of the gear goes. Will let you know what we get up to with the rest of the dives. cheers Merv.