http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=20928
4liters
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Native Watercraft Slayer 13, Stealth Fisha 500

Re: My new (second hand) Prowler 4.5

Post by 4liters »

laneends wrote:Additional option for your scotty mount
http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=20928
Yeah I saw that, cheers. Looks like a good setup. I've been thinking about it and I reckon I've settled on the Railblaza TracPort 350 for the front (replace the Scotty mount with a StarPort) for bait soaking and if needed storing a couple of rods while in transit; and a couple of extenders to go in the flush mounts behind the seat for trolling and storage. I'll put in a couple more vertical flush mounts directly behind the seat for additional storage.

That leaves me with a spare Scotty mount and rod holder to put somewhere if I decide I need it, maybe I'll get another mount and put them on each side just behind my elbows and switch the rod holder between them as needed.
choppers wrote:Gday Ian,
I looked at the front hatch hard cover today and there is no serial number stamped on it to give u for reference sorry
Ps did u get my text? For some reason I can't sms photos of my setup to you...??
Nah don't think so. When did you send it? Anyway, thanks for having a look for me. I'll just call Melbourne Kayaks or something, I've seen them mentioned here a few times as being pretty good to deal with and they aren't too far away from me.
Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Lots of composite ones

Post by Seasherpa »

Melbourne Kayaks are awesome but are no longer a stockist for OK as far as I know. You might need to try Capacity Sports, I think they still stock Ocean Kayaks.
4liters
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Native Watercraft Slayer 13, Stealth Fisha 500

Post by 4liters »

Will do, cheers!