Safety at night - hit and run

SAFETY FIRST!! Please read as no fish is worth dying for.
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Safety at night - hit and run

Post by cheaterparts »

I grabbed this quote off fishing vic

Wolly and crew were anchored up near Joes Island lit up and fishing for snapper fri night and between 9.30 and 10.30 PM had another boat hit them
Wolly Bugger wrote:What happened was I could hear a boat approaching pretty fast, and loud, I turned around to see which side he was going to pass us on, I thought he was close, all I saw was a green light, through the windscreen and then bang he hit us at full throttle. He stopped about 50 metres away and then said he'd see us at Warneet Boat ramp.
apart from not stopping and helping by law the affending boat headed off quickly to Warnett and pissed off - it seams Wolly and the rest of the crew were ok apart from some scapes and bruises

the worrying thing is that this was a lit up boat a anchor and surely easier to see than a kayak if the skipper was looking out the front
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
JägerMarty
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie Outback 2015

Re: Safety at night - hit and run

Post by JägerMarty »

The dumb cvnt was probably pissed if he didn't stop like that, disgusting behavior
choppers
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: prowler elite 4.5

Post by choppers »

Glad everyone was ok.
That's one reason I stick to quieter areas, especially at night. The sound and sight of a boat roaring towards the yak always has the heart rate up.
Hopefully the coppers find the bugger and he's charged for it
"Ye old town" Yak captures - gummy (116) salmon (32) flatty (35) yakka (28) silver trev (25) couta (38) plus all the garbage fish

Prowler victims - squid (30cm) Gar (36) Snapper (80 :yahoo: ) kgw (39)
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

Even with lights on I still had a boat rip past at speed less than 50m away pre-dawn this morning. :twisted: :roll:
0408 565 763
Franko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Dune AI, stealth Supalite X

Post by Franko »

So many dickheads are on the water regardless where or how you fish i have had the same issues in altona. I dont understand the mentality of people who dont take care at night.
0401 314 820

Instagram Page Franko Fishes
squidgyflicker
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: 2015 hobie revolution 13

Post by squidgyflicker »

choppers wrote:Glad everyone was ok.
That's one reason I stick to quieter areas, especially at night. The sound and sight of a boat roaring towards the yak always has the heart rate up.
Hopefully the coppers find the bugger and he's charged for it
lets hope so...
Widsa
Site Admin
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher

Post by Widsa »

Whats even worse is if it was Friday night there were at least 7 boats there lit up like christmas at Joe's Island .
The offending boat should have seen the group and been aware.

I will say one the boats there was very poorly lit up and I could only see his green nav light when I went past, he was at anchor.
It's a worry when you have dickheads like this around especially when then don't stop and help, they could have killed someone.
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

Widsa wrote:Whats even worse is if it was Friday night there were at least 7 boats there lit up like christmas at Joe's Island .
The offending boat should have seen the group and been aware.

I will say one the boats there was very poorly lit up and I could only see his green nav light when I went past, he was at anchor.
It's a worry when you have dickheads like this around especially when then don't stop and help, they could have killed someone.
I know Wolly and I dout he wasn't lit up properly

Wolly Bugger wrote:
The anchor light is on the rocket launcher and a LED lighting bar attached to the rocket launcher which lights up the whole deck.

I looked at the boat front on with the LED lighting bar on and there is still a glow visible through the windscreen.

I have read about boats sitting out there at night with out lights being switched on and there is no frigging way that I would be in a boat with out lights at night.
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657