Storing your safety gear

SAFETY FIRST!! Please read as no fish is worth dying for.
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Re: Storing your safety gear

Post by laneends »

Hvalross wrote: Had not thought about carrying Mirage drive spares, tho had plugs and cables etc for Offshore motor boats, so why not the Mirage!

Thanks
V2 Miragedrive spares kit

Ive snapped a fin mast 6k out in western port and had to paddle back, luckily its not a PA. paddles ok so I dont bother with spares.
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

If you snap a fin mast just remove that fin. You cadence will go up with just one fin but you should still be able to do around 4km/h with less effort than paddling a big yak.
0408 565 763
tonystott
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie Tandem Island

Post by tonystott »

On offshore trips I wear my Stormy lifejacket (inflatable, wth crutch traps) to which I attach a knife as my VHF and PLB in custom added straps near the shoulders.The rest of my safety gear, consisting of first aid kit, 120Db air horn, compass, flares. sea marker dye, multitool, masthead light, torch, repair tape etc etc, lives in a dry bag attached on deck behind my seat. A second dry bag contains anchor, chain, shackles, 25M of rope, and sea anchor.

At all other times, I store the PLB below decks
2012 Hobie Tandem Island
"SIC EM"
cruiser
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: AI

Post by cruiser »

Just touching base on this ,I bought this storage bag at BCF on special a few months ago ,its purpose made for boat seats but it might be good for the older style pa seats or even for the vantage seats Currently it holds my first aid kit along with other bits and pieces,will update more as the season rolls on as it is sure to cop a hideing on the AI cheers Geoff
Attachments
056.JPG
054.JPG
055.JPG
053.JPG
mob 0423 492 759