crispy chicken squid

Caught anything lately? Post up how you cooked it here and if it was a success. Doesn't only have to be fish....
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

crispy chicken squid

Post by cheaterparts »

we've all had salt and pepper squid - squid in batter or bread crumbs

so here's what we did tonight -- std prepped squid ( strips tonight over rings )
that was put in crushed Kiwi Fruit ( coated the squid ) and put in the fridge for an hour and a half - this breaks down any tough bits
then the squid was washed off and dried
then it was egg and bread crumb mix ( one pack of crispy chicken mix from the taco section at the super market and some normal bread crumbs )
these were put in the fridge again for an hour for the bread crumbs to set on the squid

then as normal quickly shallow fried - -- this was very tasty and the crispy chicken spices didn't over power the squid by mixing it in some normal bread crumbs

well worth a try
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
vicyak
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie PA 14

Re: crispy chicken squid

Post by vicyak »

Thanks Cheater. Always looking for new ways. The best squid I've eaten and I have it once a fortnight is from this Vietnamese restaurant in Sydney rd Coburg. Unbelievable. Secret recipe and I've offered money for it but simply will not give it to me.

My next mix is to dip in egg white then mix of Cornflour and potato flour. Quick fry then put in some sauce with Chilli, spring onion, garlic
Widsa
Site Admin
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher

Post by Widsa »

Nice one mate, will have to try this one.
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway
bunyip
Square eyes
kayak: Prowler 13 and Cole 23 floating bordello

Post by bunyip »

vicyak wrote:Unbelievable. Secret recipe and I've offered money for it but simply will not give it to me.
Amazing what they can do with cat or possum.....
chrisw
Square eyes
kayak: Dune PA14

Post by chrisw »

bunyip wrote:
vicyak wrote:Unbelievable. Secret recipe and I've offered money for it but simply will not give it to me.
Amazing what they can do with cat or possum.....