Got a bargain

Show off your kayak!
Franko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Dune AI, stealth Supalite X

Got a bargain

Post by Franko »

Working 5.5 days X 10hrs per day minimum, has seen my fishing and ability to get the AI out decrease. I have done some short LB trips but still wanted the ability to get out quickly for a hour or two. My other issue is my work car is a ute with no rear rack and my Subaru Forester is out of action. So enough of the sob story and excuses. Indeed my email lit up from gumtree about an item I may like. My heart was telling me Frank you need get out slay some squid and pinkies this winter. So my ambition was to win over the wife before we head to Hawaii and score my self a second yak. APPROVED, so away I went and picked up an immaculate stealth supalite X for a great price.
Thank you to Eoin for some good advice, I'll be spending some money with Seasherpa no doubt.
Attachments
IMG_20180706_213506169_LL-540x405.jpg
IMG_20180707_075433_058-540x540.jpg
IMG_20180707_075433_060-540x540.jpg
IMG_20180707_075433_059-540x540.jpg
0401 314 820

Instagram Page Franko Fishes
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Re: Got a bargain

Post by cheaterparts »

Keep an eye out for the next surf fun day - that is a surfing weapon -
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Lots of composite ones

Post by Seasherpa »

Congrats on the new addition to the fleet mate, as Cheater said if you don't mind the cold, we'll have to head down the coast for a surf soon :thumbsup:
Franko
Lord of the fish

Post by Franko »

Will do gents, I plan to get wet, cold and catch as many waves and fish as I can.
0401 314 820

peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Nice Frank, nice second yak, looking forward to hearing a report on it. What did you pay?
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Franko
Lord of the fish

Post by Franko »

A bare canvas, picked it up for $600 for a older stealth it is in great condition. I may just add a fish finder and gear tracks to keep a clean advantage.
0401 314 820

peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

You'll have to join Cheater and Eoin in the lakes race next year ;) $600 yah nice price for a starter glass yak :mrgreen:
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Lots of composite ones

Post by Seasherpa »

peatop wrote:You'll have to join Cheater and Eoin in the lakes race next year ;) $600 yah nice price for a starter glass yak :mrgreen:
He would probably be better off going hull only in his AI for Gippy. Not all glass skis are designed with speed in mind, the design brief for these being to design a ski that can get out through the big surf at places like Salt Rock, the fishos over there don't have to cover massive distances to get to the fish its all about being able to get out.
If you look at the design of the Supalites, and similarly the Pinnacle and Clarkeski, they are designed with high volume noses and lots of banana (rocker) This makes them more manoeuvrable and they have the ability to pop up and over big waves rather than burying the nose. The trade-off to having more banana shape is that the waterline length of the ski is a lot shorter than the length of the ski itself making it slower overall. The other consideration with older models is that they were still hand laid, so they were heavier than the newer models which also will make them slower. What they are though is very stable, an excellent ski for someone transitioning over from a kayak with lots of primary and are very solid for playing in the surf. A session in the breakers with one of these will have you grinning :thumbsup:
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

Seasherpa wrote:
peatop wrote:You'll have to join Cheater and Eoin in the lakes race next year ;) $600 yah nice price for a starter glass yak :mrgreen:
What they are though is very stable, an excellent ski for someone transitioning over from a kayak with lots of primary and are very solid for playing in the surf. A session in the breakers with one of these will have you grinning :thumbsup:
check out Brett fish on a supalight - then an Evo and then a profisha - the supalight doesn't try to pitch pole you both of the other stealths need to get on edge to stop the bow looking for the bottom ( they aren't quite a submarine but the up turned nose and volume in the nose of the supalight stops this )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li89015ROvg

a real surfing machine

of cause there are days when it doesn't matter what kayak you have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq6gLujwBHg

My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
Franko
Lord of the fish

Post by Franko »

The Supalite is also shorter then the others which works with my current transport means. I'm hoping to get down the coast to pt road knight for my first crack at the surf, maybe some salmon will be around too? This ski fits my criteria as I don't plan on do big big KMs at this stage. I also wanted a very stable and safe ski when/if the slop picks ups. The high volume nose will help during re entry to which I'll have to practice.
0401 314 820