Which Camping esky

Completely off topic!
wokka1
Yak Master
kayak: Compass

Re: Which Camping esky

Post by wokka1 »

You might be interested in this...70 litre similar to the Techniice above. Internal 70 by 33.5 by 30. Solid as (similar construction to Techniice). Lockable, triple closure. Too big for me.
Can view it Sunshine Sun or Mon night.
Used but not abused $ 80.

PM if interested, Wokka.
20190105_201724 (Large).jpg
20190105_201630 (Large).jpg
Regards,
Wokka. (aka...Fruitbat)
Fishing... a jerk on one end of the line waiting for a jerk on the other
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Post by Reeling »

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'll have a think about the edit wokka, cheers. Need to figure out what size i need and if it's too big for me also haha
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
wokka1
Yak Master
kayak: Compass

Post by wokka1 »

No problem. It's a ripper but yeah, not so portable when it's full.
Regards,
Wokka. (aka...Fruitbat)
Fishing... a jerk on one end of the line waiting for a jerk on the other
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

I used my willow 55ltr esky over the weekend, as it was a last minute trip i hadn't prepared any ice blocks apart from the ones i use for my bait/catch bag, this had pretty much thawed by Friday night, so while shopping i bought a bag of ice, then another the following day, by monday there was no ice left but the water was ice cold, these eskys aren't made for camping lol im debating whether to get my gas fridge working or just freeze some water bottles for my next trip, but im certainly going to buy a better esky asap.

I also think i should pack a spare set of legs :wtf: i still cant walk properly :lol:
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

I have a 70lt Techni-ice and 40lt Dune (Dometic style) eskys. The Techni-ice works far better but is a bit big to use on a yak. I mainly use it for storing fish and ice on longer trips. The dune 40lt fits well on the back of a PA, has been used as a live well at times and is OK for storage on shorter trips.
0408 565 763
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

I just read that dometic is waeco, I've pulled my 3 way fridge out of the garage, given it a service and made sure it works ok, pulled the lid apart ready to re glue it all then it should be fine for my next trip to portland, i will still freeze ice bottles for the trip down and use them for the bait and catch bag, i think I'd better pack my car as a test :? As i really want to take my bigger tent :up: hmm forgot to post this I've finished fixing the fridge and have made room in the freezer, now washing bottles for ice ;)
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Bomber James
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: hobie PA

Post by Bomber James »

Techni Ice for me mate.
The secret when I go camping for more than 3 days is 1 esky for frozen food and 1 esky for drinks.
make sure all drinks are chilled prior to placing in Techni Esky add ice,I also add a few frozen 2 ltr milk plastic cartons,same with the frozen food.
We still had ice after 12 days in both Techni Eskys .
The secret is put them in shade,and only open them when required,lock them straight away,our record is 15 days we still had Ice in them.Awesome for us we where 2 hours away from the servo and camping without power :thumbsup: