MMmmmmnnnn....Spare ribs

Caught anything lately? Post up how you cooked it here and if it was a success. Doesn't only have to be fish....
glassman
The force is strong in this one
kayak: hobie pa

Re: MMmmmmnnnn....Spare ribs

Post by glassman »

Spare pork ribs i love if anyone is around Brunswick there is a take away place that have awsome ribs thay open flame grill them i believe that is the trick, alot of other places put them in the oven, not as crispy.
Yacker
Yak Master
kayak: Yellow PA and red Q kayak

Post by Yacker »

Cooking up 2kg's of these baby's tonite, with a six pack of Schofferhofer Hefeweizen to wash em down with!!

If you dont hear from me again its because I've died of heartburn :lol: :lol: :lol:
Many and strange are the universes that drift like bubbles in the foam upon the River of Time
HaTTerS
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: None (temporarily)

Post by HaTTerS »

It's been a while since I've had some ribs, might just have to put them on next weeks shopping list.

My brother put me onto a recipe that goes well with pork ribs:

- Chop a clove of garlic in half and rub it all over the rack of ribs
- rub a generous amount of brown sugar onto ribs
- light sprinkle of McCormicks Season All
- very light sprinkle of Chinese five spice (Add more if you like. I'm not very fond of aniseed so I reduce the amount I put in)
- rub in a light splash of dark soy sauce

Roast in a hooded BBQ on low (indirect) heat for about an hour and a half (add wet hickory chips to the fire if you want a smokey flavour). Watch for the meat to start pulling away from the bone. when it does:
Get a BBQ safe roasting tray or foil tray and put an inch or two of water in the bottom. Put a wire rack over or in the roasting tray/foil tray and place the ribs on the wire rack so they are over the water but not touching the water. Cover the ribs and tray with Alfoil so the steam created will stay in. Return the ribs to the BBQ and cook for another hour.

The brown sugar, season all and soy makes some sweet, sticky, salty goodness. The water bath keeps them mouthwatering moist
Poised on the edge of sanity.
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Post by Digger »

Geez! Cut it out you blokes...I haven't even had breakfast yet!!

Might give beef ribs a go....

One of my favs (was) butterflied leg of lamb roasted over a water bath in the barby....but that was in the days I could afford lamb....Sigh ~

Dig

Dig