Nice HB lures on eBay...

What lures are working and people's reviews and photos on what they have caught on them!
mingle
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: one

Nice HB lures on eBay...

Post by mingle »

Well, it's nice to pick up some of those often-seen eBay lure 'sets' and find out that they are a good as they look in the photos! :-)

Here's the set of four that I took a punt on recently:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0415551710

All for a shade over AU$14, which included shipping. Not bad at a mere $3.53 each, plus they each came with a very handy pair of hook-guards. :-)

The specs are suspending/diving action, 60mm body-length, 7 gram weight and diving depth of 1 to 1.5m. They come with sharp trebles, nice-looking split rings and a good loud internal rattle.

They're appear to be OEM Chinese-made lures, with no real branding or manufacturer, but I have to say the finish and quality of these lures is now pretty much as good as any other on the market.

They actually look very similar to my favourite Berkley FS6s, but these are a deeper-bodies 'Shad' style.

Here are a few pics of the actual lures:
lure_1.jpg
lure_2.jpg
lure_3.jpg
lure_4.jpg
There are a couple of minor surface-scratches, where the trebles have rubbed during transit. The only bad thing is that the hook-guards aren't actually placed on the hooks - they're just loose in the packet, which is a bit silly...

However, they certainly look the part and I'm hanging out to give them a try in a few of my favourite spots.

Let's hope they swim as well as they look! :-)

Mike.
Last edited by mingle on 26 Apr 2010, 08:16, edited 2 times in total.
ELM
Yak Master
kayak: A very dusty one.

Re: Nice HB lures on eBay...

Post by ELM »

Don't look to bad at all for the price, proof is in the pudding though, so will wait for a cooking review from you soon Chef Mingle (always cooking up a good deal) :lol:
When we say it's BIG RED SEASON, we don't mean a big red blood stain on the bay,
GET YOUR LIGHTS ON + YOUR PFD'S.

Happy Sailing Fishing and keep blowing bubbles.
Cheers
Eddie

mingle
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: one

Post by mingle »

He He!

I'll be trolling one of these new ones side-by-side with an FS6, so it'll be an interesting test...

I'll keep you posted!

Cheers,

Mike.
MitchT
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler

Post by MitchT »

Great find Mike, look great. Make sure you tell us how they go, should go alright at Cleeland 1-1.5metres.

Thanks, Mitch!!!!
loboloco
Lord of the fish
kayak: single sit on top

Post by loboloco »

Yeah will be good to hear how they perform

Cheers
loboloco