Adventure Island or Tandem?

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
isocandle
kayak: Finn cuda fishing kayak

Adventure Island or Tandem?

Post by isocandle »

:wave1: Hi Everyone

I am new to this forum and have read through almost all of the topics, but none of the topics can directly help me.

I'm selling the Cuda fishing kayak for a Hobie. I've taken the Adventure Island for a test run and fell in love with it, since then my Cuda just doesn't weigh up anymore.

I have set my mind on the Adventure Island, but my wife is expecting our first born and I can see taking out my sun for some Yakventure when he's old enough. Now my dilemma is that my wife is getting into Kayaking as well and it would be cruel to leave her on the sideline.

I would like to know, from anyone out there with a Adventure Tandem, can you and are they easy to take out Solo?
I am worried about the front end lifting and about how heavy it is?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks guys

Isocandle
herbie
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Stabicraft 1550 Fisher

Re: Adventure Island or Tandem?

Post by herbie »

Get a flexible water bladder or some such and fill it with water as ballast. One of the other guys Gary (Jenko) has an two seater (Outfitter I think) and when the wife doesn't come out he puts some dead weight in the front.
cheers

Herbie
0404 257 360
herbie
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Stabicraft 1550 Fisher

Post by herbie »

Sorry, I think he now has an oasis but same principle.

btw, welcome to the forum and good luck with the impending birth.
cheers

Herbie
0404 257 360
Dognut
Square eyes
kayak: .

Post by Dognut »

Its easy enough to take 2 on the AI. with the advantage that you can run bare hull when it suits. TI is a lot of boat to handle by yourself. OK for sailing alone but useless when there is no wind. 2 AIs would be a better option for similar money.