Mission Catch 390

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
jwabfrog
kayak: Ocean Kayak Fish n' Dive

Mission Catch 390

Post by jwabfrog »

Just took delivery of my new Catch 390 - bought over the phone without viewing in person. Pretty stoked and can't wait to take it on the water! My previous yak was an Ocean Fish n Dive which I mainly used to spearfish from. This yak is a bit lighter which is good cos I can load it onto and off my roofracks without help. Intending to do a lot more fishing from this one. It has lots of access hatches which should be useful for anchor etc. and a big rear open storage area for chilly bin etc. The bow is significantly more upswept which I reckon will be good for surf entries / re-entries. Another pro are the moulded handles - the webbing / rubber ones were pretty kak for crushing fingers when lifting over your head. It looks nice and stable with good width - not looking to make any marathon paddles. I'll give an update after it's had a dip!
paddlepop
Square eyes
kayak: OK Prowler 13 - pimped-to-the-max
Location: East of the City..then go east again...nearly at the Dandenongs

Re: Mission Catch 390

Post by paddlepop »

Just checked the site...looks like a good seaworthy yak with plenty of room for gear...
keep us posted on how you go....and enjoy the new toy :yahoo:
verb. Fishing - doing nothing with a purpose
geebee
kayak: Mission catch 390

Post by geebee »

I picked up my Catch 390 last week. Can't wait to hit the water next Sunday. This is my first yak so looking forward to getting into
some of those tight fishing spots. :evilgrin:
Tipsta
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Pro Angler ( itildo )

Post by Tipsta »

Good luck with the new Yak, Look forward to future posts about it

Cheers Tip