Scallop Dive - Video added.

Into yak based Diving? Talk about it here!
tightlines
Square eyes
kayak: PA 14

Re: Scallop Dive - Video added.

Post by tightlines »

maverick wrote:Yes you can free dive for them, I think they can be found in 2 -3 m of water, in the Rye area on the sand on the bay side of the channel.
This is true
Headake
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Ivory Dune Hobie Outback

Post by Headake »

After my post about collecting Crabs seems I have been pointed to this direction. as scallops are better than crabs down here.

I would be keen as to learn how to free dive and collect some scallops if anyone is looking at doing a trip and wouldn't mind a first time diver out with them
I was raised on a farm in Moooresville, Indiana. My mama died when I was three, my daddy beat the hell out of me cause he didn't know no better way to raise me. I like baseball, movies, good clothes, fast cars, whiskey, and you... what else you need to know?
Babylon
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: 2017 Hobie Revo 13, Hobie Compass Duo

Post by Babylon »

Headake wrote:After my post about collecting Crabs seems I have been pointed to this direction. as scallops are better than crabs down here.

I would be keen as to learn how to free dive and collect some scallops if anyone is looking at doing a trip and wouldn't mind a first time diver out with them
Keep an eye on the trips section Ben would be your best bet, some one will post about upcoming trips.Cheers Babylon :thumbsup: