l2andom's Revo13+AI-Updated whenever new things come along!

Show off your kayak!
l2andom
Square eyes
kayak: Adventure Island, WildySys T140, Outback

Re: l2andom's Revo 13 - Updated whenever new things come alo

Post by l2andom »

laneends wrote:
Keep in mind when you lift hatch water drips inside so a couple of drainage hole in bucket might stop it puddling, especially if you get a wave over the side while its open.
Definitely a good idea to do this. Good thing my fiance reminded me as I felt mission accomplished after finally squishing the bucket small enough and fitting it in nice and snug :lol:
moirae
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie Revo "Fishless"

Post by moirae »

I tried the basket/bucket idea...but.

I have found that putting a few strips of self adhesive velcro on the inside of the hull and a couple of small strips on your lure boxes etc etc...

Works a treat. Boxes don't move and everything stays where it should. ONLY issue is...you cannot just throw stuff in there like knives of pliers.

I usually have at least two lure boxes, and sometimes up to four. Added to that, usually there is a dry box with my car keys in it etc....

I can even put the bailer pump inside the hatch and reach in and get it easily enough because it will stay put with the velcro...

Just an idea. I found it better than a bucket as you could utilise all the space inside the hatch and not have to pile everything up. Plus, everything stays put so you dont have to go hunting.
Robeld
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie Revo 13,Avoncraft tandem Tourer,Viking Pacer

Post by Robeld »

moirae wrote:I tried the basket/bucket idea...but.

I have found that putting a few strips of self adhesive velcro on the inside of the hull and a couple of small strips on your lure boxes etc etc...

Works a treat. Boxes don't move and everything stays where it should. ONLY issue is...you cannot just throw stuff in there like knives of pliers.

I usually have at least two lure boxes, and sometimes up to four. Added to that, usually there is a dry box with my car keys in it etc....

I can even put the bailer pump inside the hatch and reach in and get it easily enough because it will stay put with the velcro...

Just an idea. I found it better than a bucket as you could utilise all the space inside the hatch and not have to pile everything up. Plus, everything stays put so you dont have to go hunting.
Great idea, could be used with small bags etc with Velcro on the draw string and placed deeper into the hull. Will be setting this up ASAP. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
l2andom
Square eyes

Post by l2andom »

moirae wrote:I tried the basket/bucket idea...but.

Not a bad idea. I'll give it a go if I ever get ticked off at my current set up. I'm pretty tidy, keep everything in their own boxes and the boxes are clear or color marked so I know exactly which one I need to grab and the boxes fit in the tub nicely.
l2andom
Square eyes

Post by l2andom »

Haven't updated much here as I haven't been here in Australia! But I'm back and finally got around to installing my anchor trolley. Slightly different from everybody else's but it works great. I removed the 2 back cleat that the storage bungee uses along with the cleats holding the paddle keeper on the starboard side. I replaced them with padeyes and put the top section of the trolley line through them so they act sort of like a guide. Here are some photos. I know the storage bungee is more "permanent" (just have to pull the bungee out the hooks really to remove though) but it works and usually does not come off my yak to begin with.

andddddd I can't find the 3rd picture. Thought I had it lol. Also the back pulley is actually "free hanging", it is connected to the same shockcord end as the rudder holding bungee. I just threaded the bungee through both the pulley and the shock cord end and tied it off on the inside. I got the idea from http://dizzybigfish.co.uk/hobie-improve ... tallation/, but he has a revo11 which is shorter so I had to change things just slightly and I added a few more padeyes. Works well so overall I am happy with how it came out.
l2andom
Square eyes

Post by l2andom »

Made a new rod holder recently, just never put up the pictures. It was a windy day and nothing to do so I decided to snap a few photos. Did the bullhorn style rod holder, works quite well. Wheels for carting the yak around are not pictured but they fit at an angle into the crate.

Next addition

laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

I've got a similar bullhorn arrangement, very handy when bait fishing at anchor and tide takes lines to one side, you can just move rods around.

My extensions can twist in the holder so it can hold reel in slot at any angle

Just one caution, when you are wheeling yak through some access gates, it can be too wide so having extensions quickly removeable avoids damage.

I'm thinking of replacing them with adjustable scotty rocket launchers but that part of yak is inaccessible to put bolts on mounts inside. may attach to crate, as they are launchers potential force on them is less than a pistol holder
l2andom
Square eyes

Post by l2andom »

laneends wrote:I've got a similar bullhorn arrangement, very handy when bait fishing at anchor and tide takes lines to one side, you can just move rods around.

My extensions can twist in the holder so it can hold reel in slot at any angle

Just one caution, when you are wheeling yak through some access gates, it can be too wide so having extensions quickly removeable avoids damage.

I'm thinking of replacing them with adjustable scotty rocket launchers but that part of yak is inaccessible to put bolts on mounts inside. may attach to crate, as they are launchers potential force on them is less than a pistol holder
Yeah, they are quite wide and it's probably why I like them :lol: . I enjoy trolling quite a bit and very rarely anchor up with bait, so it's actually very nice in that aspect. I usually don't attach the rod holder until I'm right next to the water and then I set it all up. I usually lay my rods on my kayak or inside and hooked up in one of the paddle keepers (works quite well!).
Deefa
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie TI & 3.6m paddle yak

Post by Deefa »

Your revo is looking pretty slick.
I did similar with the anchor trolley, although I may pinch your idea of a few padeyes to replace the posts on the cargo bungee, and run the trolley top line through those.
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

Just wondering if you have fitted the bigger rudder yet?

Pros and cons?
harder to lift?
Improved tracking against wind/tide?
increased line tangling issues?

If you can add one to a revo then I guess there is no reason it wont fit a Quest.

I saw somewhere where someone offset the rear carry handle by attaching it via bungy to side padeye, so that you can lift rear whilst rudder is in stowed position.