My Mariner 10

Show off your kayak!
Snapperhead
kayak: Native watercraft mariner 10

My Mariner 10

Post by Snapperhead »

Hi all, just joined up and gotta say awesome site. Sold my boat 7 years ago and bought a caravan, love my fishing but on the banks just wasn't cutting it and the fishing was crap. Been way to long since caught a decent fish to brag about and then I saw my first Hobie a few years ago. Did some research and found the Native Watercraft yaks, been able to go in reverse did it for me. So the missus got her caravan and I'm back out on the water catching fish again.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
cruiser
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: AI

Re: My Mariner 10

Post by cruiser »

She looks a beast Shane :up: stay safe and injoy
mob 0423 492 759
greenhorn
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie Outback & Aquayak Snapper

Post by greenhorn »

What cruiser said :up:
Welcome mate, hope she brings you many good fish
CaNoE-YaK
Apprentice
kayak: Mad River Canoe - Adventure Series

Post by CaNoE-YaK »

Hey Shane,

Must say, I really do like the native's more n more I see em... Glad to see ya from pakenham as likewise I'm too... Where are ya local fish spots? Care to share? For me I can't be heading down towards Phillip island n stop off along the way at the many many spots...

Well like all the others have said welcome, stay safe n look forward to sharing many more fishing adventure...

All the best, cheers

Rob
Snapperhead
kayak: Native watercraft mariner 10

Post by Snapperhead »

Cheers Rob, all my fishing is Gippsland way. We take the caravan and dog every where we go so I'm a little restricted. Golden beach for my surf fishing, Nicholson river, Tambo river, Lake Tyers, Bemm river and Mallacoota for every thing else, that includes prawning. I don't hav the balls for western port yet plus I've never really fished it.
choppers
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: prowler elite 4.5

Post by choppers »

Hey rob, welcome.
Balls are not needed to fish wp.. They are made out there :evilgrin:
Join in one of the trips someone is planning and it will be to easy for u. Lang Lang would be a great option for you and is fished almost every weekend. Just read the launching spote section for info on tides needed :thumbsup:
"Ye old town" Yak captures - gummy (116) salmon (32) flatty (35) yakka (28) silver trev (25) couta (38) plus all the garbage fish

Prowler victims - squid (30cm) Gar (36) Snapper (80 :yahoo: ) kgw (39)
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

Snapperhead wrote:Cheers Rob, all my fishing is Gippsland way. We take the caravan and dog every where we go so I'm a little restricted. Golden beach for my surf fishing, Nicholson river, Tambo river, Lake Tyers, Bemm river and Mallacoota for every thing else, that includes prawning. I don't hav the balls for western port yet plus I've never really fished it.
Not all of WP is scary - theres a heap more flow in the Nicholson than there is at Coronet Bay , Grantville , Reef Island or outside the bass River
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
dirtridn2010
Apprentice
kayak: Slayer propel

Post by dirtridn2010 »

The ability to paddle backwards is(can be) very handy.
I have a Slayer 10 Propel and did look at the Mariner originally, very seriously and then discovered the Slayer 13.
She was bit heavy for this old fart, so traded her in for a 10.
Native make great boats and the build quality is as good as anybodies in my opinion.
Easy enough to retract the Propel unit should you come up on shallow water.
I rarely locked in the clip to lock the propel cassette in place.
And plenty of carrying capacity too.
Your Mariner will give you good service and a very comfortable ride.
Congratulations!
Happy yakking !!
:thumbsup:
Jay
Square eyes
kayak: 2014 Hobie Quest 13, 2015 Hobie Outback

Post by Jay »

The Natives are a top piece of kit. I own a Hobie Outback but have quite an appreciation for the natives. Saw a Slayer 10 on the water once a bloke was launching as I was retrieving and really liked it.

Well done on the yak! Congrats!

As someone else mentioned read the safety section and try and tee up to head out with others initially to find your feet, so to speak
makro
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Native Slayer Propel 10

Post by makro »

Hi Shane,

Looks fantastic. I like the natives, but then I am biased and I do like the lizard lick colour myself.

Cheers,
Makro