My awesome new Kayak!

Show off your kayak!
lizzay
kayak: Find 2.7 kayak

My awesome new Kayak!

Post by lizzay »

Bought a Find 2.7 metre single kayak the other day! Couldn't be happier. I took it out on the weekend and its fantastic. Great for fishing and really stable! Very happy :) :yahoo:

....mod edit...
CaNoE-YaK
Apprentice
kayak: Mad River Canoe - Adventure Series

Re: My awesome new Kayak!

Post by CaNoE-YaK »

Heya Lizzay,

Nice Yak!!! I'd be very interested to hear where abouts you took it out? Did you fish from it? Any luck if you did?
lizzay
kayak: Find 2.7 kayak

Post by lizzay »

Hey!
I tried down at Cowes/phillip island. I'm new to fishing so didn't catch anything this time around. Where abouts do you fish?
happyas
Lord of the fish
kayak: stealth evo 465

Post by happyas »

Welcome lizzay, be sure to have a read through the articles on safety etc, and drop a line in the say g'day section and introduce yourself.
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

lizzay wrote:Hey!
I tried down at Cowes/phillip island. I'm new to fishing so didn't catch anything this time around. Where abouts do you fish?

Ga day Liz -- be a little carefull around Cowes in that short yak - the tides can run quite a bit and you may struggle fighting against it if you need to make your way back through it

you my find it safer to slide back off the Island and give Reef Island or Coronet bay a go much less tide flows and most species caught in Westernport can be found in that area

http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3446

http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=12505
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
CaNoE-YaK
Apprentice
kayak: Mad River Canoe - Adventure Series

Post by CaNoE-YaK »

lizzay wrote:Hey!
Heya Lizzay,

Mainly I have been fishing WP, anywhere from Tooradin down to the Phillip Island. My favourite spots has to be around Kennedy Point / Reef Island / Mouth of the Bass River area. I haven't been out for a little while due to the blasted weather as well as the other standards reasons that stop us from fishing. Anyways I'm always interested in hearing about different kayaks and how they perform and its great to meet and chat with another yakker and more to that a fishing yakker.

Cheers,

Rob.