Consoles/Dash setup for Stealth 9

Questions new members commonly ask e.g. Which kayak should I buy?
Tim399
Lord of the fish
kayak: Terrapin XL, 2012 PA14

Re: Consoles/Dash setup for Stealth 9

Post by Tim399 »

Hey Bop, that is what I am learning towards at the moment. As you said, best to give in a few runs before making the decision. It's a little harder now that I have a fish finder

Gday harps, ive recently got into yak fishing myself, and after one trip i put in a couple flush mounts just at the end of my paddle stroke, which was out of my way. After several more trips i found i could stretch further faward to grab rods and also my paddle stroke stretched further faward too.. Im not sure if this happens with many other people in their first paddle yak but that was my experience. Good luck with the modding :up:
Franko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Dune AI, stealth Supalite X

Post by Franko »

This is my pod set up which works well for me....
Attachments
20150619_190022.jpeg
20150619_185820.jpeg
0401 314 820

Instagram Page Franko Fishes
Harps
Apprentice
kayak: 9 ft

Post by Harps »

Thanks all for your advice. We went up to Lindsay Island for a week and I got to try out my "phase 1" console setup. I actually quite like it. I was going to extend the height of the rod holder, but haven't really had a need at the moment.

So here it is... I am also pretty happy that the finder works. I was a little unsure about the transducer and silicone.

Thanks again for all your help.
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

This is how I have my berkley on an extension. behind and raised above the sounder. It gives you full angle rotation with hitting sounder, and a solid strike can make that butt jump. having it central rather than to one side will also reduce leverage on the bottom mount as well.

They also make good paddle holders :thumbsup:
Attachments
P1000436.JPG